SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:13 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi tmsn, may I please have your order number so I may further assist you?
MY GAWD! Is there an echo in here???? You asked this question on Feb. 20 in post #9 of this thread. And he answered your same question immediately. That was 15 DAYS ago. Why do you need to ask this again? How about just giving the real reason why you haven't done a thing to help him all this time? This is getting just plain stupid.
TMSM ...................... My deepest sympathies to you.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
tmsn,

I really would like to apologize for the delay in my getting to this thread. This was brought to my attention by my colleague. I have reviewed your photos and the information you have provided and I can see that this is a factory lack of QC issue on the main wing screw downs. I apologize in behalf of Banana Hobby and Freewing. We have gone ahead and put forward the replacement parts in your request. You will be recieving a left wing and elevator servo. I was wondering if you can give me some information? Did you provide our CSR at Banana Hobby with any photos as you have posted them in the beginning of this thread? Once again, I do apologize. I will be contacting Freewing and directing them to this thread as well. You will be receiving an email shortly from Banana Hobby with the process of this parts request. Once you have received your parts, I hope to see you get this SU35 up and flyng. She is an amazing aircraft. Thank you for your continued patience with us.

Regards,
Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:42 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Pete,

It's good to hear from BH in this thread, but still concerned about how long it has taken and the amount of frustration it has created.

I have since repaired the defective plane myself by obtaining remainder parts from a friend who crashed his SU35 and hacking them into mine. Pure luck on my part, plus some workbench time.

I feel I did everything I needed to do, and I did it with patience, courtesy and thoroughness. For now it's good that you're sending me the replacement parts, but the fact remains that it's taken a very long time for you guys to rectify an obvious QC issue that made the plane useless, and it's been a weird, frustrating experience. Honestly my biggest question now is whether I can trust BH again if I purchased another model from you.

To answer your question, yes, I sent the pictures immediately to both rma@bananahobbies.com as instructed in the box, as well as help@bananahobby.com as requested by your online chat operator. I also provided order number when asked here.

I have already received an email from someone at BH telling me my parts are being shipped, I'll look out for those.
tmsn is offline Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
I posted this to another person:
Maybe they will see these posts and sort you out quickly just to prove me wrong - it certainly won't be because that's their normal standard of service.

Good luck with this.

My next post (today) reads:

I TOLD YOU SO!

Since I made my post,( and a similar one on the same day, on another thread), Banana has suddenly made 3 seperate offers of help to 3seperate people on this forum. It's a pity they needed to be shamed into action.

I will continue doing this until they stop treating my fellow flyers like dirt.

Do you hear this Pete - Owner?/ Chief excuse maker?/ Non- action manager?
howcar is offline Find More Posts by howcar
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:14 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
All I can say is thank you for working with us. I understand where you stand with the SU35 and I hate that it has gone this route for sure. Freewing is a new company that we are trying and hearing about these issues just puts a damper on my plans with this company. I will be talking to a few people and to Freewing and see what their thoughts are. I apologize once again. Freewing we do not have any feedback in production. The SU35 is a produced model and I really have no say so in how or what they do. You're parts are in the process and I will be monitoring this thread to see your progress. Thanks again.

Regards,

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
Pete,

It's good to hear from BH in this thread, but still concerned about how long it has taken and the amount of frustration it has created.

I have since repaired the defective plane myself by obtaining remainder parts from a friend who crashed his SU35 and hacking them into mine. Pure luck on my part, plus some workbench time.

I feel I did everything I needed to do, and I did it with patience, courtesy and thoroughness. For now it's good that you're sending me the replacement parts, but the fact remains that it's taken a very long time for you guys to rectify an obvious QC issue that made the plane useless, and it's been a weird, frustrating experience. Honestly my biggest question now is whether I can trust BH again if I purchased another model from you.

To answer your question, yes, I sent the pictures immediately to both rma@bananahobbies.com as instructed in the box, as well as help@bananahobby.com as requested by your online chat operator. I also provided order number when asked here.

I have already received an email from someone at BH telling me my parts are being shipped, I'll look out for those.
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi tmsn, as we informed you we will be replacing the plane due to the inconvenience and late response, the tracking number for it is 1ZX388V41295586709, please allow 24 hours before the tracking info is updated, and again I truly do apologize for any inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
Pete,

Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Now that's what I call good customer service.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
Yes it is - it's just a pity they had to be shamed into giving it!
howcar is offline Find More Posts by howcar
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:37 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Someone at BH called me personally, apologized for the whole situation and went ahead and offered me a full replacement airplane to make up for the trouble. This is a very nice gesture and a nice turn of events in my opinion. I'll be happy to keep being a bananahobby customer if they keep paying attention to customer service this way.

Thanks for your help guys.
tmsn is offline Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:01 PM
Alpine Aero Sqdn.
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2012
342 Posts
Glad to hear their service is starting to come around.
619SixFour is offline Find More Posts by 619SixFour