SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:13 AM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
10-12 feet seems very little. I have run mine more than 50 feet away without problems.
I had some interference when there was about 10 other transmitters very close to the track, had to change my position. We are running our bikes on the car drivers "podium", behind their backs.
Brownouts can be caused by static electricity buildup and there's also a risk for range issues in narrow hallways or corridors.
Now, I am running out of advice. good luck
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:29 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,313 Posts
I was at the office today for a couple of hours, and happened to have the bike with me...
(err... I knew there was noone else there, so, ok, I had it in purpose!!!)

I ran it up and down some empty office hallways (mind you, at the floor below me runs a large mainframe computer with all its associated network and electrical lines and cables of all sorts running right under the plastic floor tiles of all hallways!)

I managed to send the bike maybe 50 meters away (yep: meters!) and I had full control.
However, at that distance, the bike was just a fly on the floor... barely visible...
I am positive of the distance, since there are 10-meter marks on the hallways... not sure why they are there, but they certainly ARE useful for THIS! haha!
I also had the bike with both potensiometers fully to the left and it seemed to me that it was quite faster than with pots to the right... May be my impression, though...
It was definitely too lazy to change direction, though! But it was such fun on the shiny tiles!!!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
50 meters... That's behind the curvature of the earth, beyond the horizon 'you found it yet, or is it still buzzing in the distance?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Jan 2010
40 Posts
one more Video - 2 Motoracer in action

Kyosho-Bike2012.mp4 (2 min 52 sec)
vcfuzzi is offline Find More Posts by vcfuzzi
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcfuzzi View Post
one more Video - 2 Motoracer in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71sqyTXi2lA

Wow awesome !! very good control !!
streetracer is offline Find More Posts by streetracer
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
very nice.check out our brand new local track. 1 of the only places in the Bay Area and it looks so good. I just happened to see 3 Kyosho motorcycles that were also for sale in the back along with everything else.

Aero micro NEW RC CAR (1 min 16 sec)
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2010
40 Posts
Video MotoRacer on MiniZ-Track

20121228_MiniZ-Bike(MotoRacer Kyosho).mov (0 min 32 sec)
vcfuzzi is offline Find More Posts by vcfuzzi
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:33 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcfuzzi View Post
Video MotoRacer on MiniZ-Track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC49Rd9PzMo

Please let me ask a realistic question? Is it REALLY feasible to think that our Mini Z bikes can race on such a narrow track that is to technical???

Honestly, I DO want to race on an indoor track, but these mini Z tracks are so technical that it does not even allow these bikes to wind up to speed.....also the worst part is that its so technical that our bikes will be hitting each other so much it would be hard to "race".

Its not like RC Cars where a blip of the steering wheel and you can get out of the way or better yet negotiate your car through a technical course without slamming it into someone or something.

Even our "new" track seems too technical for the "bikes".....BUT....I have not driven one yet. Gyro or not, it seems like a wreck fest for the bikes on such technical "Mini Z" tracks.

Aero micro NEW RC CAR (1 min 16 sec)
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:56 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Please let me ask a realistic question? Is it REALLY feasible to think that our Mini Z bikes can race on such a narrow track that is to technical???

Honestly, I DO want to race on an indoor track, but these mini Z tracks are so technical that it does not even allow these bikes to wind up to speed.....also the worst part is that its so technical that our bikes will be hitting each other so much it would be hard to "race".

Its not like RC Cars where a blip of the steering wheel and you can get out of the way or better yet negotiate your car through a technical course without slamming it into someone or something.

Even our "new" track seems too technical for the "bikes".....BUT....I have not driven one yet. Gyro or not, it seems like a wreck fest for the bikes on such technical "Mini Z" tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQpAFr-PbB8
I agree Kev, I have set up my track in my basement with 4' to 6' lanes, and when my buddy and I run together you need the extra width so you can run different lines into, thru, and out of turns without getting into each other. Narrower than that and then that and it's like you said, even avoiding a wreck causes a wreck, lol. The good lines are only gonna be a foot wide anyway, but the bikes are so much more fun with optional lines. I don't really see us racing on a 24" to 36" wide tracks. I hopfully will get some vids soon of us rubbing elbows on my layout. Til then, this....
MINI Z MOTO BASEMENT LAPS (3 min 7 sec)
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Jan 02, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:23 PM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
A nice Kyosho mod...!

Ciao
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:28 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Wow...somebody has time on their hands
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
Hey vcfuzzi, That is a really tight track for the bike but you pull it off!
@ kev, don't worry. You will find your way round tight tracks soon enough.
These bikes are very easy to run and tight tracks are only a little harder to learn.
Speed comes (much) later

One thing we all have to remember is that the guys posting vids here are really good drivers, picking out a good 1-minute sequence with their maxed out bikes. Don't get intimidated, get inspired.
I choose to enjoy driving and watch myself improve. I still have a long way to ride like the pro's but I love going in that direction.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:56 PM
SF, CA
Joined Apr 2006
138 Posts
Hi, here's a scanned page of RCM Jan 2013 issue.

Kegresse
kegresse is offline Find More Posts by kegresse
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:35 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,313 Posts
I did my first mod yesterday:Ballbearing scratchbars. Tested at the office late at night, on those shiny, slippery tiles... ok, no difference!
However, I guess they will prove their worth at the mini-z track, maybe this weekend!
A fast motor also came with the same order, but I will keep it uninstalled for now...
I have only crashed... errr... ran the bike two batteries in a miniz track, and was too embarassed to post a video!
As z-dad noted, we need to do some more practice!
I also got the colored servo springs... has anyone installed any of these yet? Any driving impressions?
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:06 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Anyone having any other troubles than the range issues that Kara Gan has?
My red/white Yamaha bike's gyro stopped after about 12 battery pack runs, so I sent it to Kyosho for repairs. Got it back today and the steering servo quit on the first pack since it's repair.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave