HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2 Posts
Discussion
Robbe Whopper Help?

Just picked up a Robbe Whopper and am in need of some tips and pointers before I try to fly it. This is my first autogyro. Also need the original instruction manual if anyone has a copy. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
73convvette is offline Find More Posts by 73convvette
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:59 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,881 Posts
Im sure someone out there has the manual for the Robbe Whopper

I have never flown a Whopper but would think that it is not an ideal 'first' model autogyro. There are plenty of different Autogyros out there that you could build to get some experience...the PT family of gyros are a good choice. These come as a kit and go together in no time at all.
Its worth trying as I would hate to see a Whopper get smashed on a first attempt..you have a very collectable model and the parts are like rocking horse st to get hold of.

Regards Rich
SafeLandings is online now Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:06 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,462 Posts
I agree 100% with Rich. Get something to use while you learn the skills needed to fly autogyros. They arn't difficult, just a bit different from either helicopters or fixed wing.

PeterO
PeterO_UK is online now Find More Posts by PeterO_UK
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2 Posts
Thank you for the tip. I am in the process of finding a good trainer model. Is there any good sites that teach you the basics of autogyro flight? Or is it just learn as you go. I have been doing some research on how to fly my whopper but haven't been to successful.
Thanks Again, Kevin
73convvette is offline Find More Posts by 73convvette
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:23 AM
Joined Jan 2005
1,286 Posts
There's one bit of information I remember about the whopper. A helicopter pilot told me he once had a whopper and he could only get it to fly satisfactorily with blades heavily leaded at the LE. For what it's worth.

Jochen
JochenK is offline Find More Posts by JochenK
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:33 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73convvette View Post
Thank you for the tip. I am in the process of finding a good trainer model. Is there any good sites that teach you the basics of autogyro flight? Or is it just learn as you go. I have been doing some research on how to fly my whopper but haven't been to successful.
Thanks Again, Kevin
It's really not that different from fix wing, but the thing that gets everyone at some time or other is that loss of orientation is much more of a problem. Keep your trainer in close to start with.

Keep one step ahead of the model so that you always know which way it is (or was) pointing is the important skill.

I'm sure others will come up with more tips and hints.

PeterO

PS: Havn't we got a stick thread on autogyro flying skills ?
PeterO_UK is online now Find More Posts by PeterO_UK
Old Feb 03, 2010, 03:17 PM
New Jersey, USA
Joined May 2003
2,006 Posts
Gotcha covered. Good talking with you.
David A Ramsey is offline Find More Posts by David A Ramsey