Old Oct 29, 2015, 09:38 PM
SKT
Find More Posts by SKT
SKT
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2011
233 Posts
Discussion
Fine tuning Eagle eyes tracker....lagging behind a bit...???

I've got my Eagle Eyes tracker running consistantly now for both a Vector'd multirotor and a Vector'd fixed wing platform. Nothing but positive results so far.
I am now looking to see if I can 'tighten' it up a bit. There just seems to bit a little bit of 'lag' for lack of a better word. Its not so much time but the antenna always seems to be pointing just a bit behind the craft. I'd say that theres as much as 10 degrees difference between the bearing to the aircraft and the bearing of the antenna.
With the telemetry data imbedded in the video signal and there being no lag there I'm expecting the vector to update the aircrafts location fairly quickly with next to no lag seen.
Is it possible I am seeing a lesser than desired GPS lock thus giving the Vector incorrect position info? Its never way out. Its always pointing in the general direction of the aircraft...just a little bit behind. I feel the GPS info is solid. I have no issues with Dist or Direction to HOME or any issues with RTH and so far I've always pallowed the craft to get a good sat lock then place it pretty much under the tracker tripod and reset Home Position.
Or....is there further calibration to be done?
All I've done so far is the basic Vector menu 90 Tilt setup... 90 degrees and Max degrees CCW/CW and Tilt. Will the other calibration offered in the menu where you set 45 degrees etc improve the accuracy of the tracker in relation to the aircraft position therefor more likely to put the aircraft closer to the middle of the rx antenna 'beam'....sooooo to speak?

Long winded....sorry...but this is good kit and I'd like to make most of it where possible.
SKT is offline Find More Posts by SKT
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2015, 05:30 AM
Find More Posts by garris2
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,158 Posts
Why not go ahead and calibrate all the other points as well, I'm not aware of a downside to that.

The only other thing is to make sure your tracker has no sort of binding and any cables can't get snagged as the tracker rotates.
Make sure your using powerful servos and have the EE speed setting set to the fastest.

Geoff.
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2