New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:47 AM
Find More Posts by pigly
PaulG
Newcastle, NSW Australia
Joined Dec 2004
419 Posts
Unfortunately I gave this info away when I sold the last Fosa Lift. If you go back in this thread you will find them. Other people have used other settings but I based my Fosa Lift on Jiri's settings but it did not seam to need 15mm camber on launch when unloaded. I never put ballast in it, then I am sure that 15mm will be a good setting.
pigly is offline Find More Posts by pigly
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2015, 03:09 AM
Find More Posts by satinet
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,780 Posts
I would line the flaps up with the ailerons
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Nov 26, 2015, 03:12 AM
Find More Posts by floquet
Hugh Blackburn
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2005
646 Posts
floquet is offline Find More Posts by floquet
Old Nov 26, 2015, 03:58 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,780 Posts
I must have been misunderstanding the question. The wing has a fixed tip section, so you just line everything up from that datum point??

For measurements I use the great planes "travelometer" as I like to call it. one of the most handy bits of kit you can buy (it does have metric).

http://www.greatplanes.com/accys/gpmr2405.html
Old Nov 26, 2015, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by floquet
Hugh Blackburn
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2005
646 Posts
(I don't think that lining up from the wing tip tabs is liable to be very accurate ... though maybe it's better than I think.) I've gone with Paul's suggestion for lining up the flap root with the mould line for cruise setting. +/-12mm aileron throws, +/-7mm elevator, +/- 9mm rudder. +/-5mm elev-->camber. 2 launch modes so far (12mm flap then -1.5mm for zoom). 4mm thermal camber, -0.8 for speed. CG 103mm. Hook mid position. I will set up ail-->rudder mix and camber sliders after I have done some flying.

I just had a long email from John Skinner (thanks!). I can see my humble T14SG (and I) could struggle to cover all the bases!

Hugh
floquet is offline Find More Posts by floquet
Last edited by floquet; Nov 26, 2015 at 05:31 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 06:22 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,780 Posts
I think it's accurate enough. More accurate than matching to the fuselage IMHO.

Put it like this, are you going to set up the model so that there is a gap between the flap and aileron at neutral trim and are you going to set it up so that the aileron isn't flush with the tip.

I'm struggling to understand why you would not want the aileron and flap to be flush with each other. Each to his own I guess. The flap and the aileron are cut out of the wing when it is at "camber neutral", so really they should be in a line with each other and flush with the wing tip. If the flap and aileron don't meet flush then either one or both of them is warped or set wrong.
Last edited by satinet; Nov 26, 2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 06:41 AM
Find More Posts by Kiesling
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,972 Posts
I line mine up with the tip. The fuse is a little too vague.

FWIW
Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Nov 26, 2015, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by lesterpk
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
I use the tip as well, I also have the "Skinner files" but I use a simplified version, not so many adjustments in flight mode changes.
lesterpk is offline Find More Posts by lesterpk