New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2016, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by BryanEW710
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
2,020 Posts
Considering I can't get it to upright harrier (I blame a lack of control authority and being a bit down on power), I think I'll have to practice with something else first. I'm still getting the hang of inverted rudder control. One thing the Beast does fine is inverted circuits and figure 8's. It's fun for that.
BryanEW710 is online now Find More Posts by BryanEW710
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2016, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
........BTW, anybody else 'rank' their UMX planes like that?? Or am I the only one who's nuts?
I do the same thing. And first place is pretty much a tie between the Beast 3D, CC, and Jug - with the Pitts close behind in second. I also agree with you regarding the Yak. It lacks personality in flight. Pretty much the polar opposite of the Beast, CC, and Jug. I didn't even feel bad when HH gave the Yak the axe.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Last edited by turboparker; Jan 28, 2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by sperry12
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
273 Posts
Number 1

BEAST!! Add up everything you love about flying an airplane and I guarantee this plane will hold its on in all and bust all the other ones to its limits. There is something about it that NO plane in the UMX to 280 will replace

PS no science to back this up just simple opinion.... Lol
sperry12 is offline Find More Posts by sperry12
Old Feb 01, 2016, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by Oxotnik
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2015
200 Posts
Snuck away from work a little early to grab a few minutes of low-wind daylight. Man! I love flying this plane! Unfortunately, during some of my high-g maneuvering (outside loop, I think), my battery slid forward and threw off the battery hatch. I have no idea where it went. HH doesn't sell the battery hatch by itself any more. I saw on eBay that 2 different model numbers for the fuselage are available. EFLU-4058 and -4858. 4858 is the current fuse for the UMX Beast. I'm thinking that 4058 is for the previous non-AS3X Beast. Does any know if the -4058 fuse (and specifically the battery hatch on it) will fit the AS3X Beast?
Oxotnik is online now Find More Posts by Oxotnik
Old Feb 02, 2016, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
Genesis 50:20
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
13,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxotnik View Post
Snuck away from work a little early to grab a few minutes of low-wind daylight. Man! I love flying this plane! Unfortunately, during some of my high-g maneuvering (outside loop, I think), my battery slid forward and threw off the battery hatch. I have no idea where it went. HH doesn't sell the battery hatch by itself any more. I saw on eBay that 2 different model numbers for the fuselage are available. EFLU-4058 and -4858. 4858 is the current fuse for the UMX Beast. I'm thinking that 4058 is for the previous non-AS3X Beast. Does any know if the -4058 fuse (and specifically the battery hatch on it) will fit the AS3X Beast?
I may have an extra battery hatch from a rebuilt Beast. To answer your question I believe both fuses are the same, with gold paint / decals on the original and silver on the AS3X version. Let me check if I have the hatch when I get home... if I have one, it's yours - I'll send it to you. There's nothing to gain in buying a whole $20+ fuse just for a hatch.

Ben
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 02, 2016, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by Oxotnik
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2015
200 Posts
Quote:
I may have an extra battery hatch from a rebuilt Beast. To answer your question I believe both fuses are the same, with gold paint / decals on the original and silver on the AS3X version. Let me check if I have the hatch when I get home... if I have one, it's yours - I'll send it to you. There's nothing to gain in buying a whole $20+ fuse just for a hatch.

Ben
Ben, I greatly appreciate it! I'll certainly cover the shipping. The old EFLU4058 A/F goes for $5 - $7 on eBay (shipping included); so, that wouldn't break the bank if the hatch would fit the AS3X Beast. If you find your spare hatch, and are willing to part with it, please PM me.

Thanks,
Chuck
Oxotnik is online now Find More Posts by Oxotnik
Old Feb 03, 2016, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
Genesis 50:20
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
13,482 Posts
I forgot to check for the Beast hatch... crud. I'll send myself an email now to look for it when I get home. I had family in town and also had carpet cleaning going on last night and it just slipped my mind.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 03, 2016, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by microheli
Joined Jul 2006
1,000 Posts
Quote:
BTW, anybody else 'rank' their UMX planes like that?? Or am I the only one who's nuts?
I have currently the P3 on the first place but have not really a static rank it depends more on weather or location. With much wind the stryker and the EDFs are prefered. With thermal or on a slope ASK, Whipit and the Radian are the best and sometimes simply one plane that i had a long time not flown
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli