SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2015, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by Tman00
Joined Mar 2015
11 Posts
Discussion
Ares Gama 370 as a trainer

I am new to this group and the hobby so if this has been beat to death-sorry. I have access to a Ares Gama 370 or 370 pro but they need a radio. Would either of these be a good beginner plane? I don't have access to someone with flight experience so I would be pretty much on my on. I have been using a simulator but have found out- a while back when I was visiting friends that fly- the simulator, for me, don't feel like the real thing. Maybe I'm a slow learner???? What do you think about these planes?
Thanks!!!!
Tman00 is offline Find More Posts by Tman00
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2015, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by yakky
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts
Its a great plane. Get the non pro wing (3-channel) on the 370 Pro and you should be ok. As shipped, the Pro is a little much for a beginner without experienced help. Also maybe consider using a eflr310013 reciever with SAFE to help you out.
yakky is offline Find More Posts by yakky
Old Apr 21, 2015, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Sarge707
United States, CT, Southington
Joined Apr 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman00 View Post
I am new to this group and the hobby so if this has been beat to death-sorry. I have access to a Ares Gama 370 or 370 pro but they need a radio. Would either of these be a good beginner plane? I don't have access to someone with flight experience so I would be pretty much on my on. I have been using a simulator but have found out- a while back when I was visiting friends that fly- the simulator, for me, don't feel like the real thing. Maybe I'm a slow learner???? What do you think about these planes?
Thanks!!!!
I just ordered it But I fly the HZ Sport Cub S, Delta Ray, and Champ.
One of these three would probably be better to start or get along with the ares?
Sarge707 is online now Find More Posts by Sarge707
Old Apr 26, 2015, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by Border reiver
Joined Apr 2015
1 Posts
Hi Sarge707,

I have flown and still fly the Champ. I fly several other type too, but the Champ is a lot of fun to modify. I've turned them into biplanes and tandam wing planes and put the micro P51 motors in them which gave more power. Bigger planes are fun, but the Champ is just a lot of fun to mess with. My latest is the motor out of the Sport Cub. It is 3mm longer and really ups the power. I've also ordered in an 8mm brushless inrunner and with a little shimming, it will fit the gear box and drive the Champ.
Best regards,
Chuck
Border reiver is offline Find More Posts by Border reiver
Old Apr 26, 2015, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by Sarge707
United States, CT, Southington
Joined Apr 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border reiver View Post
Hi Sarge707,

I have flown and still fly the Champ. I fly several other type too, but the Champ is a lot of fun to modify. I've turned them into biplanes and tandam wing planes and put the micro P51 motors in them which gave more power. Bigger planes are fun, but the Champ is just a lot of fun to mess with. My latest is the motor out of the Sport Cub. It is 3mm longer and really ups the power. I've also ordered in an 8mm brushless inrunner and with a little shimming, it will fit the gear box and drive the Champ.
Best regards,
Chuck
I agree- Flew the Champ, Sport Cub S, Delta Ray and Axn Floater Jet Today BUT am excited about my Ares Gamma 370 That I'm adding ailerons to and a Eagle 3A-L Gyro to and can,t wait to see it fly! Great Hobby!
Sarge707 is online now Find More Posts by Sarge707