SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by orangephoner
United States, UT, Toquerville
Joined Sep 2012
252 Posts
Discussion
Eflite Eratix

So I just got a eratix from a member on here. I'm trying to go threw the plane 100% make everything perfect. Last thing to do is to put some D/R and expo in. I have a DX7. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions? I know that the manual tells you how many inches each control surface should move. But I'm a little lost.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Christian
orangephoner is offline Find More Posts by orangephoner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2014, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,297 Posts
Love the fat wing. There is a thread here somewhere. Not much activity on it but it may help. A good place to start on a 3D plane would be 30* for ailerons and 45* for tail surfaces. Low rates would be half. On high rates lots of expo, 50-70% is the general rule. Good luck and HAVE FUN!
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by orangephoner
United States, UT, Toquerville
Joined Sep 2012
252 Posts
So for low rates I should have my DR whatever it takes to achieve the low throw and expo should be at 30 and 45?
For high rates I should leave the DR alone so that I can get the high throw and put expo on 50-70%?
orangephoner is offline Find More Posts by orangephoner
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by RC4x4
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,880 Posts
What a Classic plane. I still have mine after 7 years of this may. I only fly it at work though if I get time. It'll still bring a smile after I fly it, but it's not the best. It is a nice design for floaty stuff and does track ok. It would be better if it were changed up a little. A thinner airfoil, and maybe a tiny bit larger tail surfaces. Also the battery tray does not allow alot of adjustment.
It's a cool old Classic design though. Mine has had the bottom end ripped out 3 times, motor broken off and and few other bruises. Still looks good. New cowl as of last year. Maybe I can get some pic's loaded up.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,297 Posts
I fly the DX7 too. That's where I start at. Forgot to mention less expo on low rates. High rates should be 100% and low rates are a percentage of that.
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne