New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2015, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by Finnspeed
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
1,002 Posts
scirocco, I actually had APC E 17 x 10 in the plane for a moment. It is clearly lower load to the motor than my 16 x 12 "wide blade". There's lots of static thrust but the plane feels sloppy in the air and it is struggling in vertical up lines.

Watdazit, the phenomenon you describe is very familiar to me, it happened with the low pitch props I have tried so far, including the 17x10. Going to 16x12 should change the behavior a lot. Of course, the ESC can have something to do with the throttle response. To tune it, you could either test different timings on the ESC or adjust throttle curve to your liking on the TX.

By the way, my plane made quite bad resonance sounds when flying knife edge earlier. Turns out, adding some foam padding and tape on strategic points between the cabin and fuse (small adhesive foam pads) as well as cabin and motor cowling (strip of tape) made the resonances go away.
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2015, 01:23 AM
Find More Posts by Watdazit
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnspeed View Post
.......................Watdazit, the phenomenon you describe is very familiar to me, it happened with the low pitch props I have tried so far, including the 17x10. Going to 16x12 should change the behavior a lot. Of course, the ESC can have something to do with the throttle response. To tune it, you could either test different timings on the ESC or adjust throttle curve to your liking on the TX.................
Firstly I am going to try a 16 x 12 APC tomorrow...subject to the weather. EDIT I put the figures into ECalc and it comes up with a max size of 15 x 10 APC E so I will go back and try that first.
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit
Last edited by Watdazit; Jul 22, 2015 at 02:15 PM. Reason: More info
Old Jul 22, 2015, 04:04 AM
Find More Posts by unleaded218
newcastle AUSTRALIA
Joined Nov 2010
147 Posts
Watdazit I usually fly Saturday and Wednesday ,Wednesday is a great day because its usually us older guys we have a joke that say if you are under 70 you cant fly lol but i am only 69 this year so i get away with it , i will order a few props to test and i am also getting one of those ally backed venterlated spinners from HK , I am still cant beleive the quality of this kit compared to any other I have purchased since I cam back to aero modeling in 2010 although I have been in the hobby since I was 14 years old (control line) and ten again in the late seventys through to the 1990 (radio control)
my model has all the latest modes on it tail plane tab , u/c supports and the wing and tail plane fit perfect against the fuse
I every thing turns up by the weekend I should be able to maiden next Wednesday
unleaded218 is offline Find More Posts by unleaded218
Old Aug 07, 2015, 05:02 AM
Find More Posts by unleaded218
newcastle AUSTRALIA
Joined Nov 2010
147 Posts
maiden the new plane last tuesday it was a bit windy but the wind s handeled it well I changed the power set up from what I was going to use to the Dursky motor ESC combo the model flight were offering I only had a 16x8 prop which I was going to use on the other power setup but it still went ok vertical performance was down a bit but I expected that I was able to performe all the sportsman manuvers with ease and only used about 2300 from the battery and both motor and ESC and battery were quite cool on landing , I installed a set of carbon fiber U/C from another model and it is good a bit taller but tracks ok although i get a bit of tail wheel bounce and had it tip up when the wing got behind it but no biggy I had four flights and each one got better need to do a bit of fine tuning on travel and rates to suit my style of flying,also need to get used to its glide path on landing as it is a bit HOT at the moment but I also have to set the break up on the motor (waiting for programing card to come) I have it switched off at the moment will post pics soon
unleaded218 is offline Find More Posts by unleaded218
Old Aug 09, 2015, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by gauchers
United States, CA, San Marino
Joined Jun 2003
63 Posts
Main spar

When I moved recently, I lost my main spar. Can someone measure theirs for me? I think it's 5/8" OD or 16mm but not sure on length. I was gonna replace w/ an aluminum tube. Thanks! Roger
gauchers is offline Find More Posts by gauchers
Old Aug 09, 2015, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by Finnspeed
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
1,002 Posts
I measured mine and it is 583 mm long, 16.0 mm od, 14.3 mm id. I would not even try aluminum since it will most probably bend. I bet the wing tubes are available as spares.
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Aug 09, 2015, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by bossee
Bo Edström, Sweden
Joined Jan 2009
1,448 Posts
I ordered a spare wing tube some years ago for my Wind S 50E, it is avaliable.
Sebart item nr is:

WT50, spare part ( same for all 50 class ), wing CARBON TUBE - 50 CLASS, 14,00 Euro (=US $15.3).

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee