HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
Cool
Mini shop vac

I'm lucky enough to have a airplane room in the house, but dust and whatnot has been a problem. Hauling the Dyson or big shop vac was a real pain. Found a small/mini shop vac at CVS. It's a car type, but I think all of us have a 12vdc power supply around. With my 20% off coupon it was only 8.00. Handy little guy for building and crash repair!
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:40 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,402 Posts
Yep, works well for removing Balsa dust from the building board, without sucking up your plan!

PS: To prevent it from sucking in building pins, screws and other small metal bits, epoxy two or three Neodym magnets to the inside of the upper "lip" of the suction tip.
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:48 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Wiz
Great idea, thanks!
Rick
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
It is a good idea. I have tons of them that a friend dropped off. I'll go glue some on tonight!
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:14 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underthetire View Post
It is a good idea. I have tons of them that a friend dropped off. I'll go glue some on tonight!
Holy cow! You could get rich.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H