HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:06 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,744 Posts
Discussion
Don't buy the funcub

For those of you who keep wanting funcubs this is really a better deal. Don't get me wrong, I love my funcub but I would have bought this instead if it had been out when I got my funcub:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...lza4022_e.html

$210 with working lights, floats, etc... Even slightly larger than the funcub.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,557 Posts
not sure that is a better deal. The Foam that Multiplex uses is so much better then any one elses Just my opinion. I would have to see one of these in person. see if it has the power to really have fun.
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,744 Posts
Guess that's true. I had the impression they use some good EPP but gues I don't know for sure. I'd definitely look into it though as they give you a lot for the price.

I'd rather have the E-flite Beaver though to be honest. I'm just feeling a great desire to rid myself of many of my foam planes and go with bigger balsa. I will be keeping the funcub though.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:39 PM
Braselton Ga
Joined Apr 2009
504 Posts
Think my next plane will be Multiplex Dogfighter.
LannyT2 is offline Find More Posts by LannyT2
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:59 PM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,557 Posts
I have one it is a great plane.

I have tried just about all the MPX planes , Love them all !
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
I have one it is a great plane.

I have tried just about all the MPX planes , Love them all !
I know Chris loved his but I really never liked my Multiplex Merlin. I still have it and fly it in front of the house on occasion but mostly I just don't like it. Other than that I've liked all my multiplex planes. Should have bought the Parkmaster instead of the hacker foamy I bought last year.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:10 PM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2004
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
Guess that's true. I had the impression they use some good EPP but gues I don't know for sure. I'd definitely look into it though as they give you a lot for the price.

I'd rather have the E-flite Beaver though to be honest. I'm just feeling a great desire to rid myself of many of my foam planes and go with bigger balsa. I will be keeping the funcub though.
You can never go wrong with balsa. They always feel much better in the air.

-Chris
Gymnast is offline Find More Posts by Gymnast
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,309 Posts
I saw several of these fly at e-week (they sold 40 of them in a few days). They fly awesome, if your looking for a high wing plane seriously give this one some thought. The servos are completely flush mount with no external linkages and the inclusion of floats and running lights is pretty trick.

The only reason i would still go with the funcub is because i can put my own powersystem in it and the funcub is more aerobatic
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:27 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,327 Posts
I'll sell my NIB FunCub to anyone for $210 if you want the definitive answer to this question (power set not included )
HomeDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HomeDaddy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:12 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
3,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
For those of you who keep wanting funcubs this is really a better deal. Don't get me wrong, I love my funcub but I would have bought this instead if it had been out when I got my funcub:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...lza4022_e.html

$210 with working lights, floats, etc... Even slightly larger than the funcub.
Floats and lights are extra$$$$
And I doubt that this beaver can handle the rough terrain which the Fun Cub does easily. Not to mention the cub can hover
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:31 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Floats and lights are extra$$$$
And I doubt that this beaver can handle the rough terrain which the Fun Cub does easily. Not to mention the cub can hover
No, floats and lights are included. It's cool but I'm not sad I have the Funcub either. I put freaking huge motor on mine while at E-week. It's a big Himax I bought from Dave at Radical. Says it's capable of $400 watts but truthfully I think it could handle 600 watts if I wanted it to. Nice motor and balances on the plane nicely but it does make it need 4s to fly like I want it to due to the extra weight.
Last edited by rpstar; Oct 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,309 Posts
800watts on 4s with an omega 130g....trust me its fun
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
3,929 Posts
You are correct Russ, it includes lights and floats... I misinterpreted the description. It is a pretty good deal.
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,744 Posts
Ok, yesterday my funcub attracted a bunch of attention. Several people came over to inspect it and ask about it. I guess it's because it handled the breeze just fine and continued to fly so well.

You can do some pretty nice rolls with it with rudder coordination. I was able to get 3-4 nice fairly axial rolls in a row with some practice.

The big tires were a part of the luster as of course it taxies so well on grass. I have to admit that would be a big shortcoming of the beaver.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:03 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDaddy View Post
I'll sell my NIB FunCub to anyone for $210 if you want the definitive answer to this question (power set not included )
LOL, exactly why I'll never buy a Fun Cub. Too much for just a foam airframe. Besides, ain't $210 a bit over priced compared to the online NIB price of $119?

But I am interested in your CX2 heli to replace the one I have.

I'd rather get that then chance crashing that nice 3DHS Extra 300SR.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam