Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:37 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Jun 2007
335 Posts
Discussion
Review: Nitro WACO YMF-5D

Review WACO YMF-5D Model.
The box arrived in excellent condition (Double Boxed). All of the items were mounted in a sealed plastic bags, installed in a cardboard box…The assembly went very smoothly, without any problems…Step#5 needs to be revised…why install the STABILIZERS..?
When on Step#11 you have to glue the RUDDER to the STABILIZER, then install it
on Step#12…? I would recommend that all the STRUTS be installed on the TOP WING,
rather then noted on Step#6..it would make it a little easier..I did find that the PA2.3*
20mm screws are too short..it should be PA2.3*25mm. That is the only exception that
I found while building the WACO…While installing the TOP WING..minor adjustment
was require to square the WING with the STAB…
Test flew the airplane..CG was set at 75mm…flew very well, very stable flying in a
10 mph wind…This is a winner.
Codimasta is offline Find More Posts by Codimasta
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, TX, Rhome
Joined Jul 2005
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codimasta View Post
Review WACO YMF-5D Model.
The box arrived in excellent condition (Double Boxed). All of the items were mounted in a sealed plastic bags, installed in a cardboard box…The assembly went very smoothly, without any problems…Step#5 needs to be revised…why install the STABILIZERS..?
When on Step#11 you have to glue the RUDDER to the STABILIZER, then install it
on Step#12…? I would recommend that all the STRUTS be installed on the TOP WING,
rather then noted on Step#6..it would make it a little easier..I did find that the PA2.3*
20mm screws are too short..it should be PA2.3*25mm. That is the only exception that
I found while building the WACO…While installing the TOP WING..minor adjustment
was require to square the WING with the STAB…
Test flew the airplane..CG was set at 75mm…flew very well, very stable flying in a
10 mph wind…This is a winner.
Mine came yesterday afternoon and I flew it this morning. One elevator pushrod was too short. One lower wing mounting screw would not seat so I drilled a new pilot hole. This plane is not underpowered!!! This model has to be one of the best flying bipes I've ever flown. It is a keeper for sure. I tried to order another ARF to put on floats but they are sold out!
DAVE GRABEN is offline Find More Posts by DAVE GRABEN
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
737 Posts
Just ordered the Wako. Looking for any other tips for building and flying. Uses a 640kv motor on 4 cells with a 40amp ESC. I have a feeling that the 40amp ESC may be a tad light on this power package... any other thoughts?
skylane42 is offline Find More Posts by skylane42