Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 25, 2014, 04:12 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Sep 2013
37 Posts
I've missed you all. My schedule will change soon so that I might be able to fly in the mornings some.

Also, I'll be spending some time up in Durango, CO over the next few months every once in a while. Anyone know of good flying spots/people up there? I can post in the CO thread if needed.
KBarnette is offline Find More Posts by KBarnette
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2014, 07:26 PM
He bowls overhand
Falcon, Colorado
Joined Oct 2004
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBarnette View Post
I've missed you all. My schedule will change soon so that I might be able to fly in the mornings some.

Also, I'll be spending some time up in Durango, CO over the next few months every once in a while. Anyone know of good flying spots/people up there? I can post in the CO thread if needed.
There is a middle school track/football/soccer field behind the Home Depot. You can park in a condo lot named The Boulders. There are a few other parks, but as soon as you launch, about 50 people come up to you wanting to fly it, catch it, blow hippie salad smoke in your face, etc. Someone actually told me I was being disrespectful to the rabbits in the park, because they might think it's a hawk. I found those moments pluses though.

Good luck!
Jim
threcixty is offline Find More Posts by threcixty
Old May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM
the icbm of pilots
albuquerque, NM
Joined Mar 2007
532 Posts
Hopefully soon Kevin
skylerraver is offline Find More Posts by skylerraver
Old May 27, 2014, 09:10 AM
**coming to a town near you**
Joined Apr 2013
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threcixty View Post
There is a middle school track/football/soccer field behind the Home Depot. You can park in a condo lot named The Boulders. There are a few other parks, but as soon as you launch, about 50 people come up to you wanting to fly it, catch it, blow hippie salad smoke in your face, etc. Someone actually told me I was being disrespectful to the rabbits in the park, because they might think it's a hawk. I found those moments pluses though.

Good luck!
Jim
Ill punch a rabbit in his face!
FlyingGorilla83 is offline Find More Posts by FlyingGorilla83
Old May 27, 2014, 12:12 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threcixty View Post

Good luck!
Jim

That field is right off the end of the airport, so be watchful!

BP
bbbp is online now Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Jul 05, 2014, 06:23 PM
Joined Sep 2013
37 Posts
Anyone flying today at BFP? I'm about to head out there and see if the field is open.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 06:40 PM
the icbm of pilots
albuquerque, NM
Joined Mar 2007
532 Posts
its closed
skylerraver is offline Find More Posts by skylerraver
Old Jul 05, 2014, 06:56 PM
Joined Sep 2013
37 Posts
Awww. Well I'll be at North Domingo Baca then. It's probably best. Fewer people to see me fly super rusty.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 06:58 PM
Joined Sep 2013
37 Posts
At least as long as the weather holds out.
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:54 PM
Joined Sep 2013
37 Posts
I finally got a good flying session in today without being pressed upon by weather! As it turns out...I also got my highest recorded altitude with any RC aircraft I've piloted (794ft) and it was with a hand-thrown unpowered glider!

It was a great day to fly and, even though my launches were weak, I really enjoyed being out and DLGing again.

Old Jul 06, 2014, 11:16 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,309 Posts
Kevin:

You planning on being at the Blue Skies of New Mexico, next weekend?

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:29 AM
Joined Sep 2013
37 Posts
Hi Greg,

I *may* be able to come observe for a short time but we're going to be travelling next week and we may leave as early as this coming weekend.

I'd love to though.