SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2014, 03:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
100 Posts
Just tested my gear again.. now in low power mode i put my tx in my car and started to walk.. wow... walked about 1 km into a par with trees and buildings between tx and rx... seems to work...
jonasdromberg is online now Find More Posts by jonasdromberg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:22 PM
Flying to help
Joined Apr 2013
61 Posts
HI,

I am testing again my scherrer Tx700 pro, I am getting failsafe every 1 moment, even if I am 30 meters, 100 meters, 300 meters from the Rx, on the 0.5W power and on the 1W and 2W, is always failsafe.

Is there anything we can do here?
CaptainElios is online now Find More Posts by CaptainElios
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2014, 05:32 PM
Joined Oct 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominikk View Post
Rastislavko are you completely sure, that Taranis gives me all 12 channels ppm?
I'm ready to buy this transmitter if it will work well with Thomas TX :-)
...but Taranis have other serious problem when TX is attached on back. On 0.5W there is bad noise and lcd menu start jumping, on 1w or 2w taranis freeze.
It is not very uhf friendly.
bovi is offline Find More Posts by bovi
Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bovi View Post
...but Taranis have other serious problem when TX is attached on back. On 0.5W there is bad noise and lcd menu start jumping, on 1w or 2w taranis freeze.
Is that the Taranis+ as well? I have problems with the potentiometers not being exact on my Futaba 12FG which is/was a relatively high-end radio. I had to relocate the TSLRS TX away and at an angle to reduce the interferences to an acceptable level.

On my Turnigy 9X (ER9X) I solved most of these problems by putting alutape inside the radio and grounding it. It actually reduced the interference a lot. On the ER9X it was only the LCD which was affected and not as serious flaw as on the Futaba where actual controls suffered.

Regarding UHF I don't have any problema at all using a EzUHF module on the Taranis, bt that is only 600mW I think? I have yet to make a mount for my TSLRS v6 but it will happen soon. So far I like the Taranis sooo much better then the Futaba in almost everything.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
bovi this is no problem for me (I suppose). I have got long wire to TX of Thomas. So my TX is about two meters far from my transmitter.
I like Taranis. I have found in manual that trainer port to divest 8 channel, no more, and send 16 channels.
Dominikk is offline Find More Posts by Dominikk
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bovi View Post
I use the very original Taranis and have no issues, even at two watts with Tx piggy backed on the Taranis. My analysis is that cause is not RF but the relatively huge power draw that the TSLRS pulls at 2 watts. Don't forget, the Tx is only about 30% efficient.
So, try an 8 cell NiMh battery. For me, that did trick, plus less current. You can get a good one at Aloft Hobbies and he is a great merchant. The only down side is that you have to charge it externally.
CN I Dawg is online now Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Today, 09:38 AM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Ballerup
Joined May 2007
3,215 Posts
Sure thing, ALL types of transmitters got about 30-40 % efficiency
so at 2W output radio power, the power supply input is 6 Watt :-)
dont really sound like alot of power, but some RC units are designed with really tiny wires
and tiny PCB tracks, maybe ask an expert to look into your RC unit,
OR more safe : use external battery pack,
however in that case you dont have battery voltage alarms,
that is why I prefer to use my RC unit for the supply,
and upgraded its battery pack a bit.
thomasscherrer is online now Find More Posts by thomasscherrer
Old Today, 09:40 AM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Ballerup
Joined May 2007
3,215 Posts
to CaptainElios
what I say is very limited, but I guess your problem is direct radiation from your LRS to your RC unit, try locate the two units with a bit more distance, helps ?
the power and ppm cable can be very long.
thomasscherrer is online now Find More Posts by thomasscherrer