HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2014, 05:00 PM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Help!
Aurora elevator out of center by a mile

Hi all,

I run into a strange problem using my Aurora 9: my elevator neutral position seems to be way off, about a quarter of the total stick travel!
It's visible in the dual rate screens as well as in the servo monitor screen as shown in the attached pictures.

Also (as expected) in the stick direction where the offset is, there is only one quarter travel left. Programming exponential does use the true center of the stick, so when using negative percentages the travel around the true center does flatten. Trims are neutral.

I have noticed this both in a flying wing configuration (a vintage Robbe Geier electric glider) and also in my Graupner Starlet 2400. Both are programmed straightforward with dual rate being about the most complex feature used.

What is the cause of this? Is my elevator stick in need of calibration? Or is there anything wrong in the programming?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

regards, Dik
dikdexta is offline Find More Posts by dikdexta
Last edited by dikdexta; Oct 06, 2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Changed 'Discussion' tag into 'Help' since I'm asking for help.
to remove ads between posts