SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,775 Posts
Here (along the top row) we have a mid 1960's Super Tigre 35. I will say it's the harder to find "Stunt" model (with the baffled piston) if only because of the tiny size of the venturi. Has a bit of asphalt rash on the front of the head fins, otherwise looks OK. There were at least 3 different shaped prop drivers on this model 35 - the first one from 1961 is shown in the MAN advert., the second is on the featured engine (note also, neither have provision for a muffler), and the later "wrap-over" style is shown in the last photo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-TIGRE-...item2ed870ce39
Twin Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin Stack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 06:23 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,775 Posts
The "How engine manufacturer's can make it difficult for collectors" department. On the top row we have the short lived first variant of the Enya 19 Model 4002. This was the engine that followed the 3-bolt front Enya 19, and it borrowed the first engine's flat top, red head. The first two photo's on the second row show the much more numerous second variant of the Model 4002, with its asymmetrical head fins. The very last photo shows the next model Enya 19 in the series, the Model 4003 with it's rectangular exhaust stack, but still wearing a Model 4002 head ! The more usual 4003 head is flat-topped and un-anodised

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291269062...84.m1431.l2649
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,775 Posts
For those interested, the Sept. / Oct. 2014 issue of Aero Modeller contains a short article by Maris Dislers on his visit to the Enya factory in Japan. Also, Gildings are holding another engine auction soon
http://www.gildings.co.uk/view_onlin...catalogue=1580
Old Today, 12:48 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,775 Posts
Now quite rare, a 1950 FOX 29R Racing Special. These were outwardly similar to the 29 Stunt, but featured a bigger I.D. venturi, squared off induction port in shaft, lighter piston with skirt cut-outs, and modified timing. Note the unusual head, which although having only 4 - bolts has the spaces marked for 6 - bolts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELLENT-EA...item2ed88a3771
Old Today, 09:03 AM
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Dec 2006
666 Posts
Back in the summer of 2011, I did an article on the early 29Rs for Tim Dannels' Engine Collectors Journal. I summed up the engine as follows; "Well, there you have it. For $1 you got an engine where every significant part except the head and rear cover was handworked. Not a bad deal! I’d like to know who did the early modifications; I think this was before George Moir was at Fox. If anyone has comments or corrections, I’d like to hear them."
The 29R was the first Fox to use the "Picture Window" intake port. The pics show the piston at the TDC and BDC positions. It looks like the port provided a shortcut into the bypass, like the holes in the piston on a McCoy. Some pics follow. Also, Fox had run out of 4 bolt heads for repair parts and was supplying 6 bolt head castings drilled for a 4 bolt pattern. That's what is on the Ebay engine.
G WILLIE is online now Find More Posts by G WILLIE