HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:24 PM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin View Post
I have been flying this airframe at our local field for a few nights....huge gargantuan hammerheads.......power off stalls.....earth to moon loops....low passes and greased landings. Lot's of old timer gassers asking questions about the airframe and........"The Lights" - LOL

And the fact we fomies can haul five to six planes.....fly them all - where they can usually pack one or two. This time the gasser fellas had a carburetor issue and were grounded......they stayed to watch the larger electric/foamies fly - we laughed together....all fun

I think the big difference is....sadly....they represent the balsa monocote covered master modeler builder....I think this segment of our hobby population is slowly dwindling. I'd never even think about having more than three or four planes total if I chose to build even from laser cut balsa plank....

Anyway this airframe is most relaxing and provides loads of eye candy cutting smooth lines in the sky....the LEDs in civil twilight just add an extra level of enjoyment as well.

TwistedGrin
What cg are you running and did you have to add weight to the head?
brati4 is offline Find More Posts by brati4
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:29 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brati4 View Post
What cg are you running and did you have to add weight to the head?
COG is at or near 60mm Leading edge - flying with Admiral 3s 30c 3300mAh LiPo shoved all the way to the firewall.....no extra weight required. Stock Prop. I did replace the ESC with a larger 60amp BESC for added insurance. Two coats of High Gloss Minwax Polycrylic finish.

Mine is the version two from MotionRC outfitted with the updated nose gear.

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Oct 22, 2014, 01:12 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,010 Posts
Video of yesterday's flight....nothing really exceptional to see......My Baseball cap brim mounted GoPro suffers from wide lens angle view so any object outside of 15ft is really just a dot....

http://youtu.be/enUnUy_PfQ0?list=UUG...K2zmXg3FrX8ueA

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin