SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:42 PM
Joined Nov 2013
55 Posts
Discussion
Looking For Glider Flying Help Near Decatur AL

I am in Decatur AL. I have started flying RC ALES gliders. Looking for help in improving my glider trimming and flying. No one in Decatur flies gliders. I only fly electric since our field are to small for anything else. I have been Tullahoma to fly and they were very helpful but it is a long drive from Decatur.
old1104 is offline Find More Posts by old1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:12 PM
War Eagle!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2006
2,924 Posts
I'm new to the area, haven't yet pulled any of my planes out of the moving boxes or visited any of the local clubs, but I know their is an all electric club that flies off of the Oakwood University campus.

Might be worth trying to get a hold of someone there?
sneasle is offline Find More Posts by sneasle
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:30 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,413 Posts
There is this group:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NASF/info

But I'm not sure they have a field, I was told that Oakwood doesn't allow flying there anymore. I enjoy flying my RP at RCRC in Huntsville, if you have AMA you are welcome to come out and fly as a guest to try us out.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 09:49 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneasle View Post
I'm new to the area
War Eagle! Hope to meet ya soon.

Andy
dee-grose is online now Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2014, 04:08 PM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,743 Posts
http://www.flynarca.com/images/Event...yer_-_2014.pdf
NARCA has an open house this weekend, probably some sail planes there.
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:23 PM
War Eagle!
Joined Sep 2006
2,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
There is this group:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NASF/info

But I'm not sure they have a field, I was told that Oakwood doesn't allow flying there anymore. I enjoy flying my RP at RCRC in Huntsville, if you have AMA you are welcome to come out and fly as a guest to try us out.
You may be right, now that you mention it I think someone told me that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose View Post
War Eagle! Hope to meet ya soon.

Andy
Thanks Andy! I say I haven't been here that long, it's been over a year actually. Was in an apartment without room for the models up until recently, bought a house and me and my wife moved in at the end of May. So many projects going on right now, (pulling down wall paper, painting every single room/surface, removed the popcorn ceilings, etc, etc, etc), I just haven't been able to get the planes out of storage, and I likely won't be able to until I have enough of the house painted to have a place to put them.

Oh well. Maybe if I am lucky I'll be able to swing by the field at some point one weekend in the near future. I'm assuming this is the field off of airport, the other direction from the Leaman Fry intersection?

I've got a little bit of everything, looking forward to getting my gliders back out though. old1104, if you are still having issues once I get my 'fleet' out of the boxes, I'll do what I can to give you a hand. It's been so long since I've flown, I may end up needing 'training' time again...
sneasle is offline Find More Posts by sneasle
Old Jun 19, 2014, 03:38 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,413 Posts
My name is John, I fly almost every weekend with my 10 year old son. Be sure to say Hi if you stop by.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!