HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2013, 06:30 AM
Joined Jan 2011
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbovinich View Post
I believe this is the same board they are now selling at hobbyking.

Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0

It is under multirotor, fc controllers. Go to the global warehouse, go to the fc's page go down to the files section and there are several files and a manual.

Hope this helps.

John
Thanks for the suggestion but I think the Witespy 3 board looks much more like the one I have as far as the pin layout and labeling. The only thing (to me) that looks the same is that it has the ATmega 2560 chip.

Hard to find a setup instruction for the Witespy 3 even..

At least I know that the radio controls are on the correct pins. Also, I am using the Aerosky controller that came with my quad because it was a working combo that ruled out a problem. Now I'm wondering if it might BE the problem as I can not set the MIN and MAX throttle in the controller itself. That's why I edited the config.h file hoping it would let me do a calibration from the controller.. So far no go. Just chirping on each motor.
Claytonc is offline Find More Posts by Claytonc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2013, 07:49 AM
Joined Jan 2011
115 Posts
Ok, a little progress. I was calibrating all 4 ESC's at the same time and apparently that was not working. I calibrated them individually and the beeping has STOPPED!
So, now it looks like it is booting up correctly but there is still a few issues.
One is that when I have the arrow on the board facing forward and I look at the horizon gauges in Mission Planner it is not correct. If I tilt the copter forward it looks as though I am leaning it to the left. I'm sure that's not a huge thing to fix but it's on the list.

The bigger problem is that I can not do calibrations or start/stop the motors from the controller.
I was able to do the calibrations in Mission Planner from the terminal screen (typing setup, level, accel, etc.)

I am using the aerosky controller that came with my Aerosky H100.

I guess I am unsure as to how to set the limits....? I went through the calibration of the radio in Mission Planner and it said it set new limits. The attached image shows the results.

I'm missing something, I just don't know what it is yet. Any more advice?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 08:50 AM
Joined Jan 2011
115 Posts
Ok. I switched over to my JR X9503 and everything shows fine in the radio calibration screen. I have my end points in my controller set so the readings are now about 930 on throttle low end and about 2030 on the high end. I did this for each axis of the controller.

I think everything might work if I could get my accel calibrated! In Mission planner, if I press the button I get no prompts as to which direction to turn the copter.
If I go into the terminal and type setup and then accel it simply goes down a line and does nothing.

Whats going on?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:41 AM
Joined Jan 2011
115 Posts
Well.. no responses.. I believe I have everything calibrated but still not getting motors to start up. Im not using the GPS at the moment.
I can ARM the board and Disarm aswell but when I arm the board it sits idol until I apply some throttle. When I apply a little throttle it starts to beep once per second.
All indications in the HUD show correctly. Compass and level all look good.
The only numbers that change in the "quick" view is the Yaw which I guess makes sense since Im not using the GPS.

In my JR 9503 I have the travel adjustments set to 150% for thro, aile, elev, rudder.
Reason was to get my readings to be below 950 and above 2000 in the radio setup screen.

I am under the assumption that it must be this way for the board to see that the controller is past the limit needed to be considered max and min.

Anyone see anything wrong with what I've done so far?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Jan 2011
115 Posts
I got it running.. thanks anyway
Old Oct 02, 2014, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Multiwii 2.3

def.h

/************************************************** ************************************/
/*************** IMU Orientations and Sensor definitions ********************/
/************************************************** ************************************/

Join the bottom

#if defined(AIO_MPNG_3)
#define MPU6050
#define HMC5883
#define MS561101BA
#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.accADC[ROLL] = -X; imu.accADC[PITCH] = -Y; imu.accADC[YAW] = Z;}
#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.gyroADC[ROLL] = Y; imu.gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; imu.gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.magADC[ROLL] = Y; imu.magADC[PITCH] = -X; imu.magADC[YAW] = -Z;}
#define MPU6050_I2C_AUX_MASTER // MAG connected to the AUX I2C bus of MPU6050
#undef INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
#endif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sensors.cpp

// ************************************************** ************************************************** ********
// board orientation and setup
// ************************************************** ************************************************** ********
//default board orientation
#if !defined(ACC_ORIENTATION)
#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.accADC[ROLL] = -X; imu.accADC[PITCH] = -Y; imu.accADC[YAW] = Z;}
#endif
#if !defined(GYRO_ORIENTATION)
#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.gyroADC[ROLL] = Y; imu.gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; imu.gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
#endif
#if !defined(MAG_ORIENTATION)
#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.magADC[ROLL] = -Y; imu.magADC[PITCH] = X; imu.magADC[YAW] = Z;}
#endif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
config.h

/*************************** Combined IMU Boards ********************************/
Join the bottom

#define AIO_MPNG_3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPS (not I2C switch board) then com2
†† #define GPS_SERIAL 2
†† #define GPS_BAUD 115200
†† #define UBLOX
#define INIT_MTK_GPS
bao625 is offline Find More Posts by bao625
Last edited by bao625; Nov 07, 2014 at 01:49 PM.