New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2016, 07:12 PM
Find More Posts by swill
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2002
104 Posts
Discussion
70" + hotliner suggestions

My favorite model of 2015 was my Gerasis Smart. I had it in the box for well over 15 years and decided to finally get it in the air (after a large break from RC). What a wonderful machine. I fly mine on a MVVS 4.6/840 and 14x8 on 3S.

I love it. But I want something bigger!! Any suggestions for a hotliner with a two-piece wing over approximately 70"? I don't compete. I just want something to tear up the sky.

I currently have a MVVS redliner sitting on the bench. It's married to a 75A Castle Phoenix Lite. I also have some HS-82 and HS-65's available.

Right now I'm looking at the following.
  • Sprinter Evo
  • TopModel Nike 2
  • TopModel Acro Twister
  • Ion w/ flaps

Any comments on the above or other good suggestions? Thanks for your advice!!
swill is offline Find More Posts by swill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2016, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by fwolf15
Germany
Joined Jan 2007
79 Posts
http://fvk.de/Englisch/Kamelot.html
fwolf15 is offline Find More Posts by fwolf15
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by seng30904
United States, SC, North Augusta
Joined May 2007
267 Posts
I had the Reichard Sprinted Evo with exactly the same "Redline" motor. Probably the best of all the frame you've listed. I have also owned the Nike 2, and didn't like it at all. My friend had the Ion yrs ago, and after seeing it fly, it was what got me into hotliner type airframes. I have never personally seen the Topmodel Twister, but I am sure it follow's closely with the other Topmodel names.
Reichard (IMHO) has some of the best entry level hotliners in this price range. Their craftsmanship, especially of their wings is something that has to be seen, and handled to be appreciated. Yes they are foam core, fiberglass reinforced, and balsa sheeted. But, they are significantly strong, and will easily handle the 1k watts of the Redline motor.
If you could put off purchasing until you saved a few more pennies, I would also recommend the Kamelot. You may want to consider ditching the Redline motor for something more capable if you went the Kamelot route
seng30904 is offline Find More Posts by seng30904
Old Jan 28, 2016, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by swill
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2002
104 Posts
Thanks! I ended up ordering the Sprinter Evo! Should be a good match for what I desire. I will definitely get one of the fvk models such as the Kamelot but I wanted something to arrive quickly and Florida is only one state away from me. I was considering the Siren all along but I knew I wasn't going to be impressed with it (quality, speed) so I think the Sprinter Evo will fit the bill. Should be here tomorrow.

I will keep saving for a nice F5B model this summer!

How long does it take for a model from FVK to make it to the states?
swill is offline Find More Posts by swill
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by fwolf15
Germany
Joined Jan 2007
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swill View Post

How long does it take for a model from FVK to make it to the states?
You can send Jiri a Mail

http://fvk.de/Email_Adressen.html

I think here you should find the infos .

rgds
fwolf15 is offline Find More Posts by fwolf15