Old Feb 04, 2016, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by kwasch
United States, CA, San Lorenzo
Joined Sep 2011
423 Posts
Thanks for the photos but I'm looking to input a current sensor. I understand the vbat connection. That ties in directly to my osdoge.
Besides the ADC input A5 pad , I also found this :
To use w/ your Naze flight controller:
Type into CLI:
set power_adc_channel=1
set currentscale=366 (for 90amp version)
set currentscale=183 (for 180amp version)
Then feed the Current Pin from the power board to input Pin 2 (next to PPM

But since I'm using a traditional reciever my input pin 2 is being used by a motor.
Input 8 is free, can I put the current pin here and set the ADC channel to 8 instead in the cli as described above ?
kwasch is offline Find More Posts by kwasch
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2016, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by Falcon26
United States, NY, Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2003
240 Posts
Throttle curve Question

A question on Throttle I have an old Diatome ghost 250 quad (the clear one) with 4) RCX 1806 2400kv and 4) 10amp esc's and 5x3 - 3blade props with a Naze 32 acro . Set up on a taranis haven't used it in a while

The throttle is all on the bottom of the stick I want to put in a throttle curve on it to calm it down (has tons of power) it climbs at just over 30% if you jump to 1/2 it leaps off the ground. The part I forgot is can I put the curve on with the Taranis or with base flight any suggestions
Falcon26 is offline Find More Posts by Falcon26
Old Feb 08, 2016, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by Crazycanuck_r
Joined Feb 2014
283 Posts
I'm have some difficulty with my setup, this may not be a Nase32 problem specifically but perhaps someone could shed a little light on this for me. I am losing sync with my motors off the hop and can't even hover anymore, I did have it flying for two batteries before I crashed.

So currently, if I use the motor test in Base Flight the motors ramp up all together perfectly. I have done numerous calibrations of my ESC's both with Base Flight and once all individually, with just my 9x transmitter.

When I use the transmitter the motors lose sync, on a level surface. Sometimes it's motors 2&3 and sometimes its motors 3&4.

Someone suggested it sounds like the gyro, and that I should try to let it sit after powering up for at least 15 sec, I tried that as well and they still lose sync. Could this be a compatibility issue?

I have a build log going if anyone cares to see what might be my problem, where I have everything I'm using listed.

I did have it flying once, with a wobble, but able to fly. Then I tried forward with a bit of speed did not compensate with enough throttle and I had my first crash. Since then I can't get it to fly.

I have reset everything and even flashed the 32 board but I can't get back to where I was flying.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, I am on here all the time and do my share of helping people when I know I'm sure of what I'm talking about so it will come back to others.

Here's my build log linked below,

Thanks in advance.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2550533
Crazycanuck_r is offline Find More Posts by Crazycanuck_r
Old Feb 08, 2016, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by farmertom
My planes plow into the field
United States, TN, Taft
Joined Oct 2012
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon26 View Post
A question on Throttle I have an old Diatome ghost 250 quad (the clear one) with 4) RCX 1806 2400kv and 4) 10amp esc's and 5x3 - 3blade props with a Naze 32 acro . Set up on a taranis haven't used it in a while

The throttle is all on the bottom of the stick I want to put in a throttle curve on it to calm it down (has tons of power) it climbs at just over 30% if you jump to 1/2 it leaps off the ground. The part I forgot is can I put the curve on with the Taranis or with base flight any suggestions
In Baseflight or Cleanflight set the Throttle expo to say .20 to calm it down and set the Mid throttle to about .30, If it hovers about 30% power. You will need to adjust it to get it your liking. Good luck
farmertom is offline Find More Posts by farmertom
Old Feb 08, 2016, 12:27 PM
United States, TN, Taft
Joined Oct 2012
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycanuck_r View Post
I'm have some difficulty with my setup, this may not be a Nase32 problem specifically but perhaps someone could shed a little light on this for me. I am losing sync with my motors off the hop and can't even hover anymore, I did have it flying for two batteries before I crashed.

So currently, if I use the motor test in Base Flight the motors ramp up all together perfectly. I have done numerous calibrations of my ESC's both with Base Flight and once all individually, with just my 9x transmitter.

When I use the transmitter the motors lose sync, on a level surface. Sometimes it's motors 2&3 and sometimes its motors 3&4.

Someone suggested it sounds like the gyro, and that I should try to let it sit after powering up for at least 15 sec, I tried that as well and they still lose sync. Could this be a compatibility issue?

I have a build log going if anyone cares to see what might be my problem, where I have everything I'm using listed.

I did have it flying once, with a wobble, but able to fly. Then I tried forward with a bit of speed did not compensate with enough throttle and I had my first crash. Since then I can't get it to fly.

I have reset everything and even flashed the 32 board but I can't get back to where I was flying.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, I am on here all the time and do my share of helping people when I know I'm sure of what I'm talking about so it will come back to others.

Here's my build log linked below,

Thanks in advance.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2550533
Maybe the gyros were damaged in the crash. What controller are you using? Connect it to the controller software and see how the gyro response when you move the controller...Try a new controller on you quad...? Good Luck
Old Feb 08, 2016, 01:20 PM
Joined Feb 2014
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmertom View Post
Maybe the gyros were damaged in the crash. What controller are you using? Connect it to the controller software and see how the gyro response when you move the controller...Try a new controller on you quad...? Good Luck
I'm using the Turnigy 9x, all values are at 1500, throttle is at 1050, arming is fine. Just when I ramp the motors up they lose sync when I power up using the transmitter. They are fine when I use the motor test on its own, they stay synced and locked in the way they should be.

I don't have access to another transmitter, but it was flyin once on this transmitter.
Old Feb 08, 2016, 01:58 PM
United States, TN, Taft
Joined Oct 2012
1,049 Posts
Quote:
I'm using the Turnigy 9x, all values are at 1500, throttle is at 1050, arming is fine. Just when I ramp the motors up they lose sync when I power up using the transmitter. They are fine when I use the motor test on its own, they stay synced and locked in the way they should be.

I don't have access to another transmitter, but it was flyin once on this transmitter.
Maybe you need to re-calibrate the ESC's ...Tun off the tx and the rx...turn on the radio and push the throttle down and them to the top. there are two beeps to let you know it is in ESC calibration mode. Then turn on the rx. you will get some more beeps from the rx/esc. Move the throttle down. That should re-calibrate the ESCs.
Turn everything off. Restart everything. If that does not fix it, I am at a loss.
Old Feb 08, 2016, 02:09 PM
Joined Feb 2014
283 Posts
Quote:
Maybe you need to re-calibrate the ESC's ...Tun off the tx and the rx...turn on the radio and push the throttle down and them to the top. there are two beeps to let you know it is in ESC calibration mode. Then turn on the rx. you will get some more beeps from the rx/esc. Move the throttle down. That should re-calibrate the ESCs.
Turn everything off. Restart everything. If that does not fix it, I am at a loss.
Thanks, I'll try these instructions to the letter this evening. For now it's too nice out side. Going to let this sit for a bit and come back when I've got a more time and patience, I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 08:32 AM
United States, TN, Taft
Joined Oct 2012
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I'll try these instructions to the letter this evening. For now it's too nice out side. Going to let this sit for a bit and come back when I've got a more time and patience, I'll let you know how it goes.
Also check that your rc radio does not have any limits or expos on the ailerons, rudder, throttle, and elevator.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 05:05 PM
Joined Dec 2003
240 Posts
thanks FARMERTOM

Quote:
In Baseflight or Cleanflight set the Throttle expo to say .20 to calm it down and set the Mid throttle to about .30, If it hovers about 30% power. You will need to adjust it to get it your liking. Good luck
I Dialled the throttle expo to .20 and the mid throttle to .30 and the rc rate to 75 from 90 every thing else is default set the accelerometer on a level table and went with 5x3 2 blade in horizon mode it hovers 30 - 35% and is very smooth and stable with a 3cell 1300 and when a foot of the ground when you punch it 100' in seconds will be a great practice quad

for grins and giggles I tried cleanflight and didn't like it to shakey maybe just not used to it yet or ESC's did not like the code erased it and reloaded baseflight and I'm a happy camper Thanks again
Old Feb 09, 2016, 05:29 PM
Joined Feb 2014
283 Posts
I reset everything, started over and mounted the board with a piece of foam for cushioning. Now I have a good stable hover to work with, thanks for helping me work through that one.

I do notice however the heading of the Nase board will move anywhere form 10 to 12 degrees when it's connected to base flight on my desk.

Is that normal?
Old Feb 09, 2016, 06:07 PM
Joined Dec 2003
240 Posts
If it is an acro yes it has no mag and its guessing you fly all by sight
Old Feb 09, 2016, 08:14 PM
Joined Feb 2014
283 Posts
Quote:
If it is an acro yes it has no mag and its guessing you fly all by sight
Thanks, that makes sense, it's acro so no mag. Trust me I won't be taking my eye off this thing for a while. lol
Old Feb 09, 2016, 10:55 PM
United States, TN, Taft
Joined Oct 2012
1,049 Posts
Quote:
I reset everything, started over and mounted the board with a piece of foam for cushioning. Now I have a good stable hover to work with, thanks for helping me work through that one.

I do notice however the heading of the Nase board will move anywhere form 10 to 12 degrees when it's connected to base flight on my desk.

Is that normal?
Quote:
I Dialled the throttle expo to .20 and the mid throttle to .30 and the rc rate to 75 from 90 every thing else is default set the accelerometer on a level table and went with 5x3 2 blade in horizon mode it hovers 30 - 35% and is very smooth and stable with a 3cell 1300 and when a foot of the ground when you punch it 100' in seconds will be a great practice quad

for grins and giggles I tried cleanflight and didn't like it to shakey maybe just not used to it yet or ESC's did not like the code erased it and reloaded baseflight and I'm a happy camper Thanks again
I am glad you got it all working to your liking...I was re-reading the Naze32 manual. I must have missed this section... I need to point it out to you guys. Please see the attachment.

Happy flying.
Now to get my quads working!
Last edited by farmertom; Feb 09, 2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by andrealosi
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Aug 2015
322 Posts
Hi guys I have a naze32 rev5 with two rgb led strips, they are soldered to pin 5 on the naze and I would like to add the lemon sat dsmx. where should I solder the signal wire? on pin 4? is ok to have the signal wire on pin 4 and the signal of the rgb leds on pin 5, will I have trouble?
andrealosi is online now Find More Posts by andrealosi