Find More Posts by scubahubby
flying heli & planks
hull/ UK
Joined Nov 2010
11 Posts
Help!
DX6i switches on Phoenix

i'm flying around quite happily on phoenix using my DX6i

BUT i cannot get the 'gear' of 'flaps' switches to operate these functions on the model ?

anyone know how ??

thanks
scubahubby is offline Find More Posts by scubahubby
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:07 AM
Find More Posts by freechip
Joined Aug 2008
28,071 Posts
Gear switch or channel 5 should be on all the time BUT the flap or AUX1 may not be depending on radio settings. Not much more help with Phoenix I have no experience with it.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by ZackJones
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,103 Posts
Which models are you flying with? I've been able to use the Gear switch just fine with my DX6 and models such as the Dueces Wild. I haven't tried flaps though. I need to find a model that has flaps on it to test it out.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by flying-things
In love with aviation
Joined Apr 2010
387 Posts
I have fs1, and I know you have to select "jr 6 channel" for the gear to work. You also have to go into the menu and set any value for flaps, so there is a change on channel 6 when you flip the switch (obvious when you think about it). I would recommend calibrating the tx, after trying this. Should work.
flying-things is offline Find More Posts by flying-things
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
19,170 Posts
It should be dead simple. All the programming normally takes place in the simulator, not the transmitter.

Set up a model memory specifically for the Phoenix and do a reset to get rid of any existing programming.

Check that the various switches are working by looking at the display/monitor screen. Gear should work channel 5 and flap or Aux1 channel 6. (I don't have a DX6i to check)

As I recall, the Phoenix has the DX6i as one of its choices for ready made setups. If not, just choose something similar like DX7 and adjust in the sim if necessary.

From there on it's a matter of adjusting the setup in Phoenix to have the switches do what you want.

All this is covered in the manual.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2008
28,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
It should be dead simple...do a reset to get rid of any existing programming.....Check that the various switches are working by looking at the display/monitor screen. Gear should work channel 5 and flap or Aux1 channel 6. (I don't have a DX6i to check)
But I do Nigel and if he uses a blank model fresh from a reset the AUX1 channel AKA channel 6 WILL NOT FUNCTION as the DX6i will not have any input value for the flaps and will not work....The AUX1 channel will remain CENTERED.

Go into FLAP menu and input NORM 100 either up or down and LAND 100 either up or down but oppisite of the NORM.

This will cause the AUX1 or channel 6 to move when FLAP switch is toggled.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:12 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
19,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
If he uses a blank model fresh from a reset the AUX1 channel AKA channel 6 WILL NOT FUNCTION as the DX6i will not have any input value for the flaps and will not work....The AUX1 channel will remain CENTERED.

Go into FLAP menu and input NORM 100 either up or down and LAND 100 either up or down but oppisite of the NORM.

This will cause the AUX1 or channel 6 to move when FLAP switch is toggled.
Point taken. I would just emphasize that the logic of setting up Phoenix is first to get the transmitter producing appropriate outputs on all channels, as verified by looking at the display monitor. Then go to Phoenix and choose DX6i (PLANE) if you want to fly fixed wing (there's also a helicopter version). From there on, all adjustments are made in the sim (e.g. expo, control reversal, switch assignment, etc.).
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:24 PM
Joined Aug 2008
28,071 Posts
Was not out to make a point, just having a DX6i in hand I know that it wont move the AUX1 channel unless 2 things are activated.
#1 Flap menu needs some input value for NORM and LAND
&
#2 Dual aileron wing is enable but not subjet of this topic.

And YES I agree that everything else should be taken care of from the SIM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
19,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Was not out to make a point, just having a DX6i in hand I know that it wont move the AUX1 channel unless 2 things are activated.
Sure you were. And it was a good one. Thanks for the correction.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by MrFu709
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
I am having this same problem many years later and stumbled upon your thread while searching Google. I cannot, for the life of me, get Pheonix to register my toggle switch channels. Did you ever find a work-around? I'm getting sick of using my keyboard shortcuts because it's killing the simulator feel...
MrFu709 is offline Find More Posts by MrFu709