HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Help!
Polaris XL

Hello, new to this site and really like the info it offers. My problem is with the Polaris Xl, I have the plane already assembled and was doing my ops check. Seems my elev. servo gets unwanted inputs (erratic) when the motor is running at half throttle. My question is can the motor wires and the servo wires running down the pylon together cause the interference? if so whats the fix?
Thanks for any help
Jeff
JeffSt is offline Find More Posts by JeffSt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:21 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSt View Post
Hello, new to this site and really like the info it offers. My problem is with the Polaris Xl, I have the plane already assembled and was doing my ops check. Seems my elev. servo gets unwanted inputs (erratic) when the motor is running at half throttle. My question is can the motor wires and the servo wires running down the pylon together cause the interference? if so whats the fix?
Thanks for any help
Jeff
Welcome to RCGroups! Yes, the motor wires and servo wires, when run together, can cause interference. Especially with 72MHz radios. Try to put some separation between the wires; even a little bit will make a difference.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Repairing the T-28... again
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
thanks I was afraid of that, as I was sealing up the pylon I had this thought of, what if I needed to get back into this area for. whatever...... well thanks for the response, I need to preform some surgery.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
so. I did cut open the foam fuselage in a few areas re-routed the servo wire well away from the motor wires and boom no more problem.
Thanks for the suggestion

FYI
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:28 PM
Savannah, Ga, USA
Joined Feb 2009
477 Posts
For future info, it can also help reduce interference if you twist the servo wires in the area they are running along the same path as motor power wires.

It doesn't hurt for servo wires to cross motor power, but does if running parallel. Hope this helps.
Beachcomber is offline Find More Posts by Beachcomber
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:19 PM
United States, MN, Marshall
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Try a different esc, I had one that did the same thing as you are describing
terrancec is offline Find More Posts by terrancec