HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2015, 03:12 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrzesinski View Post
i understand, but, i put this idea on my mind.... is it correct? do you think it can do the work?
No not really. . . It's the swept back bent angle of the 767's elevator themselves that makes connection them to one servo rather difficult.

. . . . Not impossible. . . But difficult.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2015, 02:51 PM
Trabado por las importaciones
Argentina, CABA, CF
Joined Jan 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Now I'm adding the main wing fastening Bolt & nuts to the Fuse & wing Box of the MD-80, these are Teflon Toilet set bolts. . . .Light-N-strong!
Ahhhhhhh!!!!! thats it! to the toilet!

i was looking plastic screws in hardware stores and the people looked at me weird, now i know that they are made off teflon and holding the toilet lid, you save me sir!. Now i know what im looking for correctly.
mwrzesinski is offline Find More Posts by mwrzesinski
Old Mar 05, 2015, 02:54 PM
Argentina, CABA, CF
Joined Jan 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
No not really. . . It's the swept back bent angle of the 767's elevator themselves that makes connection them to one servo rather difficult.

. . . . Not impossible. . . But difficult.
yeah! you are all right.

I'm going to complicate myself unnecessarily
Old Mar 05, 2015, 03:49 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,794 Posts
Quote:
yeah! you are all right.

Hey maybe you can make it work. . . Or come up with an idea. . . All it takes is one good idea.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2015, 08:16 PM
I make stuff
United States, AZ, Marana
Joined Dec 2011
920 Posts
Quote:
yeah! you are all right.

If youre going to use seperate elevator halves, it might be better to use torque rods on each elevator as I did on my C-5. Pretty easy to setup, even with a sweep back and in my case, annehedral.
cwrr5 is offline Find More Posts by cwrr5
Old Mar 05, 2015, 08:30 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwrr5 View Post
If youre going to use seperate elevator halves, it might be better to use torque rods on each elevator as I did on my C-5. Pretty easy to setup, even with a sweep back and in my case, annehedral.
That looks good and will work for your Galaxy . . there but might be a tad tricky in the tail section of a 767. . . Or maybe not. . . .

. . . I tried this several years ago with a fighter and my BAC-111 & couldn't get the elevator surfaces to ling-up or move the same amount on either side.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2015, 08:34 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,794 Posts
But for these MD-80's and bigger Mad-Dogs the flying tail arrangement should suffice.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2015, 09:39 AM
Argentina, CABA, CF
Joined Jan 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
Hey maybe you can make it work. . . Or come up with an idea. . . All it takes is one good idea.
yes...! i will test firts!
Old Mar 06, 2015, 09:43 AM
Argentina, CABA, CF
Joined Jan 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwrr5 View Post

I'll keep that in mind...thanks for the tip.
Old Mar 06, 2015, 09:58 AM
Argentina, CABA, CF
Joined Jan 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
That looks good and will work for your Galaxy . . there but might be a tad tricky in the tail section of a 767. . . Or maybe not. . . .

. . . I tried this several years ago with a fighter and my BAC-111 & couldn't get the elevator surfaces to ling-up or move the same amount on either side.

maybe it can work, but i think that if i use this system, i will make it very very perfect and accurate to avoid what happened to you in your frieghter and BAC-111 thinking in all possible variables. But Chris, beware!, i do not say that you've done wrong, simple just didnt work, i imagine. You're a mentor, your advice is highly valued

The truth is until i doesnt work with the fuselage and tail, everything are ideas and fears in order to not lose time and money. Well...in a lot of parts of ours lives, time is money.
Last edited by mwrzesinski; Mar 09, 2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2015, 05:43 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,794 Posts
Quote:
maybe it can work, but i think that if i use this system, i will make it very very perfect and accurate to avoid what happened to you in your fighter and BAC-111 thinking in all possible variables. But Chris, beware!, i do not say that you've done wrong, simple just didnt work, i imagine. You're a mentor, your advice is highly valued

The truth is until i doesnt work with the fuselage and tail, everything are ideas and fears in order to not lose time and money. Well...in a lot of parts of ours lives, time is money.
lots of people have ideas & advice & experience here on RCG. . . That's why I never think I know everything about RC flight. . . Because I don't.

In the end the only real way you can't test an idea is to test it in flight.

it was the maiden "Hop" of my MD-80 that showed me I needed a greater sized elevator on these flying pencils. . . I really learn things during flight.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by demondriver; Mar 06, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2015, 09:32 AM
Argentina, CABA, CF
Joined Jan 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
lots of people have ideas & advice & experience here on RCG. . . That's why I never think I know everything about RC flight. . . Because I don't.

In the end the only real way you can't test an idea is to test it in flight.

it was the maiden "Hop" of my MD-80 that showed me I needed a greater sized elevator on these flying pencils. . . I really learn things during flight.
yes sir!

haha! flying pencil! the best definition of the md80-82-dc9
Old Mar 09, 2015, 01:00 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,794 Posts
Quote:
yes sir!

haha! flying pencil! the best definition of the md80-82-dc9