SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 23, 2015, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by dhobsman
United States, AR, Bella Vista
Joined Aug 2011
63 Posts
Holy Cow

Holy Cow - as they say in India!: I have an old 24'' Nutball that's pretty light and somewhat overpowered & has 24 deg. dihedral, and I wanted to experiment again with the throws and prop configuration, so I drilled lower holes in the control horns and went to an 11x3.8 prop. , now this thing will loop and roll and spin so tight that it seem to try and eat itself!!! How could I possibly have more fun with this old airplane?!!! Yes Holy Cow & Thanks again Goldguy
dhobsman is offline Find More Posts by dhobsman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2015, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by CaptPJB
Cypress Texas
Joined Dec 2007
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhobsman View Post
Holy Cow - as they say in India!: I have an old 24'' Nutball that's pretty light and somewhat overpowered & has 24 deg. dihedral, and I wanted to experiment again with the throws and prop configuration, so I drilled lower holes in the control horns and went to an 11x3.8 prop. , now this thing will loop and roll and spin so tight that it seem to try and eat itself!!! How could I possibly have more fun with this old airplane?!!! Yes Holy Cow & Thanks again Goldguy
What motor are you using my 24 has Blue Wonder 1400kv was thinking of upgrading for more power and performance?
CaptPJB is offline Find More Posts by CaptPJB
Old May 25, 2015, 12:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
63 Posts
motor

Hello CaptPJB : the motor I used was a GF2215-25 by E-Max, and a Sky power 30A.ESC, these are from Heads-up RC. I had these components laying around and used them on this N.B. , more or less out of convenience! Half throttle or less hover!
Old May 25, 2015, 06:20 AM
Find More Posts by CaptPJB
Cypress Texas
Joined Dec 2007
407 Posts
Familiar with Heads up love their service. Looked that motor up now I can see how you were able to swing such a big prop low kv.😄
Note Headsup data shows all 3s what battery do you use as that is a 2oz motor and your NB weight must be getting up there?
CaptPJB is offline Find More Posts by CaptPJB
Old May 25, 2015, 02:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
63 Posts
2215-25motor

I know that is a heavy motor and it needs a 3S battery- I use a 1300 - 30C battery on that plane, and with the prop I use with that thing it will float by so slow I can grab it out of the air! By the way I just received some Glacier batteries from BuddyRC, and they arrived in correct storage mode, and they had the lowest internal resistance of any batteries I have ever purchased, they also charge and discharge very evenly! No more cheapo batteries for me, I learned that the hard way!!