Old May 16, 2015, 09:40 AM
Find More Posts by Cykhoi1
James Gang #1
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Jan 2005
292 Posts
Discussion
VAM Air Academy on Monday June 1, 2015 at Quarry Field

VAM will host an Air Academy for Oshkosh's Jefferson Elementary School on Monday June 1st . Approximately 8 students and Special education Teacher Tom Hall will be in attendance.
Due to time restrictions this will be an abbreviated program scheduled from 9:30AM til 12:30 PM. Air Academy books will be made available in their class room along with a flight simulator so students can practice while at school. They will attend a short ground school and get a chance to fly on a buddy box.
This is our 11th year presenting the Air Academy. If you can take the time off and come help us, I guarantee you'll have a good time! We are going to need several (4-5) volunteers (a couple of pilots with training experience are necessary). If you would like to help out, PM me or just chime in here.
Thanks.
Jay Strauss
Cykhoi1 is offline Find More Posts by Cykhoi1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2015, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by Salin
Heath
Appleton, Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2002
106 Posts
If you have an Apprentice or a Spectrum DX5e transmitter that you would be willing to loan the club for this event post that as well. It would be great to have a second or third trainer to compliment the club set.
Salin is online now Find More Posts by Salin
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by Cykhoi1
James Gang #1
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Jan 2005
292 Posts
Air academy monday

Hi All, some of you have been in touch with me in regards to the Air Academy for the Oshkosh elementary schoolers on Monday 6/1/15. Now's your last chance to volunteer if you haven't already.
Anyone with an additional Apprentice trainer, please bring it. Anyone with any additional Lipos for the Apprentice, please bring them. If any one has some equipment they can loan the club that we can use for the program, call me at920-358-5675 and I will arrange to pick it and return it.
We'll meet at Quarry field at 8AM. Any members that would like to come out and fly their own planes & Helos to show the kids what we like to fly, please do so. Several members mentioned bringing a couple of simulators, please do so. The students are scheduled to arrive about 9AM and have to depart at 1PM, so like I said, this will be an abbreviated program. See you all there and thanks for your help.
Jay Strauss
Cykhoi1 is offline Find More Posts by Cykhoi1