New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2015, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by FlyingGorilla83
*Full Disclosure* Im a Gorilla
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Apr 2013
1,135 Posts
I use the same method I've used for DLGs. I drill at a 30 degree angle downward from inside the fuse resting the bit on the balsa servo tray. This ensures that you are not weakening the fuse when installing the whiskers. Once all drilled and bored a tad oversized, I take two pieces of heatshrink , the inside piece is longer than the outer most piece. This helps to create a bushing for the antennae. a quarter drop of thin CA to lock it all into place and Gorilla happy. in terms of weight....ya'll crazy senile old farts. The fuse for the new 2.5 explorers are ridiculously lighter than the standard Xplorer fuses. Put em on a scale and you'll see. The wing is roughly the same weight, but the fuse is what makes the difference. I haven't had to add more than 7g to my planes nor any of my buddys planes. The Xplorer 2.5 likes a rearward CG around 128-134mm. as opposed to the older generation birds that rocked a 110-124mm C.G. YMMV cheers!
FlyingGorilla83 is offline Find More Posts by FlyingGorilla83
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2015, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by threcixty
He bowls overhand
Falcon, Colorado
Joined Oct 2004
1,602 Posts
So Toby, for those that don't always slam the nose into the ground to land, or those that might try to land smoothly, how do you feel about adding a skid to the tail of the fuse so the stab isn't the first thing that touches the ground?
threcixty is offline Find More Posts by threcixty
Old May 28, 2015, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Hit my smoke....
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,243 Posts
These things are made to go in nose first. Tape that trailing edge of the wintips and dork it on in.
Hostage-46 is online now Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old May 28, 2015, 11:09 PM
Joined Apr 2013
1,135 Posts
Jim, a very subtle nose in motion won't hurt your bird. Just try to avoid the 10ft slide during landing...and high brush/thick grass
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by threcixty
He bowls overhand
Falcon, Colorado
Joined Oct 2004
1,602 Posts
Cool. Thx Toby! I was thinking of moulding a skid for it. Finally got mine ready to go fly after I mount the Zepsus switch! Definitely excited!
threcixty is offline Find More Posts by threcixty
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM
Joined Apr 2013
1,135 Posts
Hell ya Jim, take some pics and give us a flight report your gonna love it sir