SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2015, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by RCGIJOE09
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2009
49 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum DX-8 setup for Parkzone T-28

Hello everyone,.i am getting back into flying airplanes,..been flying copters for about 1 years..please forgive my ignorance, I have already done an Super Cub and basically just set up the DX-8 where I knew everything on the plane would work...now I am wanting to learn just what I SHOULD put on a setup...for T-28 Park zone I can tell you what tail it is but,..when it comes to servo setup,...D/R and EXPO,.. Differential...I am pretty much at a loss...none of the planes I have bought have a setup guide like almost all of the new helicopters have....can anyone help?... Thanks
RCGIJOE09 is offline Find More Posts by RCGIJOE09
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2015, 07:16 AM
Find More Posts by Buschbarber
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,247 Posts
The T28 is fairly simple like the Cub. If you are using the Spektrum radio, you have Throttle, Aileron Elevator, Rudder. If you are using one Channel for each, the Wing Type and Tail Type is Normal. Since it is an Electric, you usually put the Throttle Trim at Zero. When you connect the motor battery, the Electronic Speed Controller should Arm and make a series of beeps. It is best to keave the Prop off until you are sure the the motor is turning in the correct direction when you push the Throttle up.

Set the Low Dual Rates at 50% and Expo at +30%. Usually Parkzone suggests where to start with Travel, D/R, and Expo.

Be sure the CG is correct (Balance). If you can, have an experienced pilot fly a Trim Flight and suggest any changes to the Control Throws.
Buschbarber is online now Find More Posts by Buschbarber