New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
3,148 Posts
Send them a letter and sign an NDA and you probably get the information and are not allowed to disclose it. Or find it out yourself and do whatever you want with it
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by mikejr83
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennes View Post
@mikejr83: Did you get the specification from Spektrum?
I haven't had time to sit down and write a letter, etc., etc. Two kids, wife does triathlons, building a plane, and contest season, makes this a bit lower on the priority list. There is a big break in my time after the 15th of June that should allow me to get into working on my software projects. Heck, I still need to get our club's website up!

Edit:
That said, I have a working prototype. Check the thread I linked and you can get my source. I'm working on some charting issues that are preventing a full beta release.
mikejr83 is online now Find More Posts by mikejr83
Old Today, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by mikejr83
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
264 Posts
Just another thought now that I had sec to think about the situation. Yes I plan on trying to get official docs from Spektrum, however, that may preclude me from open sourcing the app. I don't know how I feel about that. Obviously if I'm using community resources to make the app I'm going to make sure the community gets back in kind. Now I'm not doing this to make money so I don't know if a closed source app would make sense to me. I don't have time to put in supporting a paid app as I feel it would need to be.
mikejr83 is online now Find More Posts by mikejr83
Old Today, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
28,616 Posts
You obviously can't open source code that you developed under an NDA.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor