HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2015, 08:14 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,457 Posts
Crazed Woman Attacks Man for Flying Drone on Beach (2 min 19 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2015, 10:31 PM
I fly into trees.
United States, AZ, Tempe
Joined Jan 2006
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
I agree with you here! My champ doesn't usually go over 8' in the air... it gets pretty nervous if it goes much higher

Most of its life has been spent at less than 3' high
I got it pretty high a few times... not sure how high. Just fun to see the neighborhood from that elevation!

RC plane flight 3 (7 min 10 sec)
Kemper is offline Find More Posts by Kemper
Old Mar 16, 2015, 03:45 AM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
203 Posts
Man sorry but

I'm looking anywhere that could get me quick advice. I smashed my left end half of micro f27q. i steamed piece semi strait and attached with CA but I forgt to run a cf bar through it! It set now and I'm thinkimg about sawing through the glue to insert one support. Would y'all do it?
sperry12 is offline Find More Posts by sperry12
Old Mar 17, 2015, 06:36 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
409 Posts
foamyflyerr... BEWARE of crazed woman on beach! This could have happened to you... ha ha Capt'n
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Mar 17, 2015, 09:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
foamyflyerr... BEWARE of crazed woman on beach! This could have happened to you... ha ha Capt'n
Thanks Capt'n
I'll be on the lookout
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:44 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,125 Posts
We would just call on our resident mr. Charming, Jim B to handle the situation. Hope someone hides his brass knuckles
I don't know what a f27q is but if it needs that spar, put it in
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Mar 18, 2015, 04:01 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
We would just call on our resident mr. Charming, Jim B to handle the situation. Hope someone hides his brass knuckles
I don't know what a f27q is but if it needs that spar, put it in
That's the umx striker from HH
that's okay I had to goggle it to figure out what it is too
I did not know either
lol

LOL @ mr. Charming

that's our good will embassador

:-)
Old Mar 21, 2015, 03:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
409 Posts
Ahoy! Well guys, looks like the winter has let up here and I'm charging batteries for my first flight of the year! Got a question... I put a new e-flite 30amp esc in my popwing. Problem is I have no throttle response till I get to about half throttle on the radio stick. So I programed the esc with the enclosed directions and got the same results. Seems to scream at full throttle but wonder if I'm getting full throttle. Is this normal, or do I need more programing? Thanks... Capt'n
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:43 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,547 Posts
did you set the throttle end points by plugging in a battery with your tx at full throttle, waiting for tones, lowering to 0 throttle, and waiting for more confirmation tones?
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Mar 23, 2015, 03:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
409 Posts
Quote:
did you set the throttle end points by plugging in a battery with your tx at full throttle, waiting for tones, lowering to 0 throttle, and waiting for more confirmation tones?
bhoov... I set up via the instruction manual that came with it. Full throttle up, turn tx on, plug in battery, wait for tones, then bring stick down to half throttle and listen for tones and a second tone to set brake by stick to full throttle for brake, or full down for no brake. Unplug battery. My guess is it's ready to go. I have another popwing built by jonnymeg that doesn't throttle up till about half throttle and just screems fast. a little too fast for me but it's good once in a while to get the blood pump'n good. ha ha. Anyways just wondering if anyone else had a plane with no throttle till half throttle. I now have 2. Thanks for the reply and happy fly'n to ya! Capt'n
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:13 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,547 Posts
If you have two doing the same thing, check your transmitter throttle trim. You may need to lower it all the way down. I have to do that with some ESCs I have (not sure which ones). And if that turns out to be the case, I'd start over from the beginning with throttle end point calibration.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:31 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,126 Posts
Quote:
If you have two doing the same thing, check your transmitter throttle trim. You may need to lower it all the way down. I have to do that with some ESCs I have (not sure which ones). And if that turns out to be the case, I'd start over from the beginning with throttle end point calibration.
+ 1 on that
I've had to do the same thing too on some planes
Old Mar 24, 2015, 06:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
409 Posts
Quote:
bhoov... foamyflyerr... Thanks for your replies. I had the throttle trim all the way down in all my attempts. I guess I'm all set to go. I'm done fussin' with it. I don't know if the brake is on or off. The light stays on and I have throttle so I believe I'm going to give it a shot. I don't really know what the heck I'm doing. This is my first esc thing. All my planes came with esc already in them, PnP/BnF planes.

I wonder if there could be a difference in the rpm high speed of your motor from one esc to another? One being higher than the other? Anyone know?

Still haven't flown a plane yet this year. But I bought a couple of pistol gun cases from Gander Mountain this winter for 15 bucks each on clearance and put a couple radios in one of them. Before I was carrying them around in the original boxes. Anyways, if the temp gets above 40 degrees and no wind I'll be out there fly'n something... Capt'n
Last edited by mycaptain; Mar 24, 2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:19 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,125 Posts
Don't feel bad Cap, ESC's have given me fits too. My assassin wing has had intermittant motor cutouts for a year now. I've tried two Eflite 30A and one heavy duty Eflite 40A V2, and they all did it. I recently got fed up and cleaned up the whole plane, re-balanced it, and put in a new Castle Talon 35A ESC and now it flies awesome. Motor, servos, and rx stayed the same!
Dave
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
409 Posts
Dave... Yeah, I had second thoughts about buying an expensive e-flite esc but it had the right battery connectors on it. Making an easy swap so I thought. Plus I thought you get what you pay for right? It also was the water resistant model. It's for my popwing which I fly in the early morning a lot of times in fog and land in wet grass. I think that's what got to my old esc, landing in wet grass for 2 summers. Anyways I think it will be fine, if not, it's just a popwing and not one of my $200 planes... Happy fly'n and I should be out there soon. All batterys charged and on standby... Capt'n