New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2015, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by trowelfaz
United States, IL, Pingree Grove
Joined Aug 2004
28 Posts
Careful!
Lost my Ares Ethos FPV!

I was flying my Ethos Ares FPV last night around the neighborhood when the wind picked it up to about 150ft up (I was about 100ft out from me) when it lost radio contact. It went into the dreaded death spiral from loss of radio, recovered, shot up to about 200ft up and quickly went out about 300ft and lost radio again and went down. Luckily, it crashed onto a patch of ice. Unluckily, it is in the middle of a semi-frozen pond. No way to get a boat out to it, and ice is too thin to go out on

Word to the wise: RTF transmitters do NOT have the range that hobby-grade transmitters have. Had this been on my Spektrum, I would not have lost radio contact.
trowelfaz is offline Find More Posts by trowelfaz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2015, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by trowelfaz
United States, IL, Pingree Grove
Joined Aug 2004
28 Posts
Well, I was able to recover it from the pond. 250 feet of PVC conduit and a fishing net duck-taped to the end was all that was needed.
trowelfaz is offline Find More Posts by trowelfaz
Old Mar 19, 2015, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by Waterbound
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
4,126 Posts
Wasn't exactly lost then huh ? glad you were able to retrieve it.
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup