HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2014, 05:58 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2014
8 Posts
has anyone figured a way to control the attachments/modules with a non-wltoys tx? i just got a flysky fs-t6 and was wondering if i could save some dough with a BNF and still use the modules.
eatmarshMARLOs is offline Find More Posts by eatmarshMARLOs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2014, 06:22 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmarshMARLOs View Post
has anyone figured a way to control the attachments/modules with a non-wltoys tx? i just got a flysky fs-t6 and was wondering if i could save some dough with a BNF and still use the modules.
I'm not sure it can be done without serious mods. I read somewhere in here that the buttons on the stock radio that trigger the functions work on a "fraction of a second" type of command to the receiver. That short command burst triggers the function to engage or disengage.

But maybe i'm wrong... (Actually, I hope I am because I would much rather just be able to flip a typical toggle switch and have it work)

Unfortunately... I doubt it's going to be a simple fix.
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
Old Mar 04, 2014, 07:48 PM
United States, TN, McEwen
Joined Feb 2014
13 Posts
I have a V959 and yea it has a mind of it's own, I had to get it out of a tree by shooting off the limb it was stuck on, anyway it got damaged by the flying wood and bark as I shot the limb. so I ordered replacement parts for it, and while at it I got the V222 quad, after a long long time, the V222 came and the V959 parts as well, a quick charge on the battery, and off we go, the V959 had not learned it's lesson and off to the tree again, but a quick cut of the throttle and back to earth it fell, I got the V222 and it was like a well behaved child! very stable and easy to control, and it stays away from the trees! wonder if it is the 6 axis gyro it has. and the instructions state "can fly outdoor in a wild weather."
MadHacker is offline Find More Posts by MadHacker
Old Mar 04, 2014, 08:04 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
I have a V959 and yea it has a mind of it's own, I had to get it out of a tree by shooting off the limb it was stuck on, anyway it got damaged by the flying wood and bark as I shot the limb. so I ordered replacement parts for it, and while at it I got the V222 quad, after a long long time, the V222 came and the V959 parts as well, a quick charge on the battery, and off we go, the V959 had not learned it's lesson and off to the tree again, but a quick cut of the throttle and back to earth it fell, I got the V222 and it was like a well behaved child! very stable and easy to control, and it stays away from the trees! wonder if it is the 6 axis gyro it has. and the instructions state "can fly outdoor in a wild weather."
Yep, the V222 has this wonderful thing called accelerometers.
Like night and day as far as stable behavior in comparison to the V959!

I'll never buy another V959 again.

And yes, because they have that "self level" feature, they handle the wind MUCH better than the V959 with only gyro control.
I mean, don't get me wrong.... the V959 is still fun to fly. But the V222 blows it away in every aspect except one.... general "acro" flying.
Old Mar 04, 2014, 08:12 PM
It got away...
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2013
1,296 Posts
V959 was a game changer, I hope to own one just for the sake of saying I have one. Such a game changer!
Number2 is offline Find More Posts by Number2
Old Mar 05, 2014, 01:36 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
Since the last incident, have you tried sitting the V959 and have a long talk with it?

It looks to me the technical writer got his "M" written upside down again.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Mar 05, 2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:40 PM
Joined Sep 2005
980 Posts
I have a question for all of you who like the GWS 5443 props.

How is it that the GWS props are an improvement over the v959 props when they produce less thrust and are less efficient?
GoatZilla is offline Find More Posts by GoatZilla
Old Mar 19, 2014, 08:44 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla View Post
I have a question for all of you who like the GWS 5443 props.

How is it that the GWS props are an improvement over the v959 props when they produce less thrust and are less efficient?
I think it's because they're lighter, but i'm not entirely 100% on that so take that opinion with a grain of salt. I haven't tried the GWS props yet, but i'm pretty sure I read somewhere in here that THAT was the main gain over the stock ones... lighter, therefore somehow better flight times and the thrust/efficiency differences sort of canceled out... or something to that effect.

So basically, you got the same overall performance, but slightly longer flight times.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 08:45 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,656 Posts
And GWS props are easier/faster to get to your door (time-wise).
At least when you're dealing with banggood.com and waiting 2 weeks + for them to finally arrive.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:50 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,254 Posts
My experience with the gws props are they are lighter, therefore spin up faster giving better response to throttle inputs and they are not as fat and they reduce the death wobble on rapid decent. I found them to be Much better than stock props. I would hate to go back to stock props.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:55 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
My experience with the gws props are they are lighter, therefore spin up faster giving better response to throttle inputs and they are not as fat and they reduce the death wobble on rapid decent. I found them to be Much better than stock props. I would hate to go back to stock props.
Heck, reduction in "death wobble" is reason enough to switch.
Looks like i'll be ordering some.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:12 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,254 Posts
Try them and post back, interesting to see if you have the same results. Several other guys I fly with use them with the same results I had. Can't figure out why WL toys doesn't use them or at least design a better prop. I think the death wobble is caused by the fat props where they catch a lot of air, the thinner props slice through better.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:38 PM
Joined Sep 2005
980 Posts
Interesting. Well I'll take that into consideration; currently looking at power systems...
GoatZilla is offline Find More Posts by GoatZilla
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:26 AM
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jul 2013
98 Posts
Well I don't like them at all , I seem to fight them all the time , but I must say that they are better in light wind. Indoors I prefer the stock props. As for the v959 , I must say ,it is a very reliable quad ,apart from a broken motor boom never had I any problems. I can't say that from my little x4, cheers.
Geraus is offline Find More Posts by Geraus
Old Mar 27, 2014, 08:14 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraus View Post
Well I don't like them at all , I seem to fight them all the time , but I must say that they are better in light wind. Indoors I prefer the stock props. As for the v959 , I must say ,it is a very reliable quad ,apart from a broken motor boom never had I any problems. I can't say that from my little x4, cheers.
WL Toys hit a winner with this model.

I sold my previous V959 to an old Guy who was just starting out, and I also sold it and a V252 as I was getting sick & tired of all the cheap Transmitters lying around.

I just couldn't resist, though, and bought another; It really is reliable and rugged, and for that I've decided that having just one more transmitter lying around isn't too bad a tradeoff.
ZeRoEXPO is online now Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO