HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Discussion
R/C Clutter Control or Where am I going to put that !!

Hi Guys,

When I got into this hobby 10 yrs ago, I bought 3 sets of drawers to store my stuff in. See photo. I labled the draws, put them under the desk, and life was good.
I tend to always buy 1 or 2 extras when ordering servos, wire extentions, prop blades, ect. for AOG Spares. For a while things went along OK. But then the drawers got so full of extras, that I had to start putting them somewhere else. See photo.
I finally decided that I had to consolidate these things before they take over the house. I went to the craft store and bought some nice storage boxes. I made some lables for them. See photo. Now, I'm gathering up all that stuff.
Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
So that's how you throw a DLG!
USA, NC, Sugar Grove
Joined Dec 2009
154 Posts
I tried to contain my rc stuff one time. I ended up building a 1200 sq ft two floor building and I still need more room.
rmmoorejr is offline Find More Posts by rmmoorejr
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:13 PM
United States, AZ, Wittmann
Joined Jan 2006
47 Posts
Sounds like my wife's knitting supplies!
grog85361 is offline Find More Posts by grog85361
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:42 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,902 Posts
HA!! I have a 1400sq foot basement, 800sq foot crawl space, and 2/3rds of a 3 car garage full........but I am starting to downsize as we speak. Should be half that much by next Jan. Stuff from the mid sixties on.....
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:30 AM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,985 Posts
It's an issue. What do I do with that super light Starlight fuse after I shreddded the wing? Now multiply that times a hundred...

If I was more on top of it I'd find some new guys and dump- er, I mean donate some stuff.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:21 AM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Slopmemo,
As far as planes go, I only have room for about 6 flyable planes. After that, I get rid of the one I haven't flown for over a year. That makes room for the new one.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:58 AM
So that's how you throw a DLG!
USA, NC, Sugar Grove
Joined Dec 2009
154 Posts
Should be half that much by next Jan. Stuff from the mid sixties on.....[/QUOTE]

If you were closer we could do some trading and swapping.
rmmoorejr is offline Find More Posts by rmmoorejr
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:01 PM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,934 Posts
You are doing it all wrong Bob! You should get a MUCH LARGER place. A hangar for 747's would be ok for a while.
Al M is offline Find More Posts by Al M
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:11 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi AIM,
In the Hanger at the Everett 747 production line, there are 4 planes in a row, in the hanger. You could fly in there during the winter.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:19 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2010
940 Posts
Clutter control space-opening option.....

Hey Bob, Here's a modest proposal that I'll help you out with, I can store some of your gliders here at my place in Corvallis Oregon. Most of the time they'll be in my house nice and dry, but occassionally I'll store them in the air above the soccer fields at the park near my house. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Adios - Paul
Pauliwog is offline Find More Posts by Pauliwog