HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Discussion
Indoor Aerial Video!!

Hey guys,
Had a lot of fun this year, as always! Just finished editing the video. Think it turned out pretty well.

Indoor Quadcopter Awesomeness Part 2!!!! (2 min 40 sec)

Tucker
J-3 Cub is offline Find More Posts by J-3 Cub
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Oct 2006
287 Posts
Tucker, thanks a lot for posting the video~! Its an awesome view of the facility.
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,453 Posts
Cool stuff. Editing is a bit choppy for me but I'm an OF.

Pete
Petefoss is offline Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:48 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,259 Posts
Turned out great! Nice job and I enjoyed the editing style too. I'm a semi-OF Anything less would have been boring fast. I wish I had an indoor venue that large! I could fly a combat wing in there!
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Oct 2006
287 Posts
Oh yeah? I'm older than dirt. I'm so old, it took me almost half a minute to figure out what you whippersnappers were talking about. "OF".

Kid today have it so easy.... quadcopters, FPV, $5 brushless motors... When I was your age, we had to make our planes out of STICKS that we found in the woods, and whittle them into shape using old butter knives. We'd glue the sticks into a plane using horse-hide cement that sure didn't rot OUR brains! Then we would cover the model using toilet paper and spit, and make a motor out of a rubber-band that we made out of an old bicycle inner-tube (what in hell is an inner tube?) and launch the model into the wind after school. Then the thing would fly out of sight and land in old Mr Anderson's tree across town, and when we went to retrieve it he would grab us and force us to lick his fence-posts clean with our tongues! But you try to tell kids today about how hard this hobby used to be, and they won't believe ya.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Oct 2006
287 Posts
Indoor Video shot from the B-17

Guys, I've uploaded some aerial video that was shot from the top turret of my B17, flying at the HEF on Friday Dec 7th. It was a big file (the video is more than 12 minutes long) and it took about 3 hours to upload to YouTube. (Yes I'm an OF but I do have a freeking high-speed conection. It's not my fault, I swear!)

I've included a link to the video below. The video is unedited and doesn't have anything really spectacular in it (just takeoff, flying around, a few touch-n-gos, a reeeeal nice landing). Please ignore the date stamp...

HEF 12 7 12 (0 min 0 sec)
Last edited by themudduck; Jan 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:44 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,117 Posts
Now this is Funny!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themudduck View Post
Oh yeah? I'm older than dirt. I'm so old, it took me almost half a minute to figure out what you whippersnappers were talking about. "OF".

Kid today have it so easy.... quadcopters, FPV, $5 brushless motors... When I was your age, we had to make our planes out of STICKS that we found in the woods, and whittle them into shape using old butter knives. We'd glue the sticks into a plane using horse-hide cement that sure didn't rot OUR brains! Then we would cover the model using toilet paper and spit, and make a motor out of a rubber-band that we made out of an old bicycle inner-tube (what in hell is an inner tube?) and launch the model into the wind after school. Then the thing would fly out of sight and land in old Mr Anderson's tree across town, and when we went to retrieve it he would grab us and force us to lick his fence-posts clean with our tongues! But you try to tell kids today about how hard this hobby used to be, and they won't believe ya.
You crack me up Mark!! Good one.
Now this is funny.
Orrin Eldred
Conehead
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:03 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,259 Posts
themudduck,

you forgot to add the part about it being up hill both ways and always barefoot in the snow to old Mr Anderson's. That's how I remebered it anyway? You must be too old to remeber that part.

P.S. you were good this year, I hear Santa is putting an orange in your stocking Good boy!
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Oct 2006
287 Posts
Thanks Orin, thanks Whirlcap, merry Christmas!

All I want for Christmas are some e-spinners from Tru-Turn!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Nice video, Thanks.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:34 PM
United States, NY, Patchogue
Joined May 2012
35 Posts
Found this video at random. Excellent work man. I've never flown indoors at a large event like that, looks really cool.
vespizzari is offline Find More Posts by vespizzari
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:18 PM View Post
anjing
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:12 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
do you have to catch the airplane for a touchdown. I mean that is great control like go out for a pass, You can fly that thing all the way to the endzone from the other end. Place that thing into some tight coverage
trixieandme is offline Find More Posts by trixieandme