http://www.reliablehardware.com/tiltcasters.aspx
John Walter is offline Find More Posts by John Walter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:24 AM
Honolulu, HI , United States
Joined May 2000
317 Posts
Progress...

I contacted Sportube and they were kind enough to send me just a top for the cost of the shipping.

So, I created a "Supertube" consisting of two top halves, with a 24" section of the old, damaged "bottom" half riveted into a shortened top section. Since the top section of the Sportube is considerably stronger than the bottom half, this should be a much better setup than before (sans wheels).

Then, I made a Coroplast box (6mm) which fits like a sleeve inside and both tops close all the way, protecting the box.

Now, I just have to figure out how to place my wings and fuselages in the box with some foam.

Thanks for the inspiration...

Photos below...
joesoar is offline Find More Posts by joesoar