HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2001, 09:39 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Tiger Moth notes from England

Thought you might enjoy how the TM is described in the UK. "This diminutive, fully featured a rudder/elevator/Motor controlled Tiger moth sets new indoor standards. With it's generous wing area and piffling weight, take-offs are short and sweet. Slow, sedate circuit flight is enhanced by turning agility matched only by it's full scale counterpart. The high peerformance DX2BB motor and gearbox provides power a plenty assuring long, satisfying scale elecric flight. Injection moulded foam fuselage and wings are boggingly strong yet bemusingly light in weight. Choose a fine still summer day to enjoy whisper-quiet scale flights in the pleasure of your back garden." My comment......... Good Show GWS! Jeez Best Regards
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2001, 05:29 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,039 Posts
Yuk, where did you see that?!!

I have some video to show that is doesn't fly very well as a monoplane ....
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 20, 2001, 08:16 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hello Bill. Yuk? I thought it was a great source of new (to me) English words to add to my repetoire which started with "gubbins". Piffling is pretty good too! Hillcott Electric in the UK was the source. Best Regards
Old Oct 21, 2001, 07:06 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Thanks for so much warm support to GWS TM.

We will keep working hard in return.

Shall GWS make PT-17? When I was still a kids, I saw Taiwanese airforce used a lot of this pretty bird. I love it, and you?
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Oct 21, 2001, 07:23 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hello GWS4CEO! Yes The P-17 is a very nice plane and I personally would enjoy to fly the GWS version if as good as the Tiger Moth! Best Regards
Old Oct 22, 2001, 10:45 PM
Baton Rouge, LA
Joined Jun 2001
107 Posts
Mr Lin,
I would love to see the PT-17. If it has the price and quailty that your other things have, I would definitly buy one! Some aerobatic potential would be nice, but not necessary.
aft_cg is offline Find More Posts by aft_cg
Old Oct 22, 2001, 11:48 PM
Belmont, MA, USA
Joined Apr 2001
53 Posts
PT-17 Please!

I'll add my vote! I first saw one parked in Dixville Notch in northern New Hampshire about 10 years ago. I fell in love instantly and built a plastic model which my wife flies over her desk at work.

We'd both love it more if we could fly one in the park...

-Drew
abennett is offline Find More Posts by abennett
Old Oct 28, 2001, 01:35 PM
Faster Faster!!
Kaysville Utah, U.S.A
Joined Oct 2001
1,717 Posts
You Betcha! I'd love to have one.
Especially if it would have the same excellent flight charactersistics as the Tiger Moth.
Keep Rolling 'em out you guys are doing a wonderfull job for the Slow Flight community.
I'd also like to see maybe an Albatross somewhere in the near fututre.

RCFlybry
RCFlybry is offline Find More Posts by RCFlybry
Old Oct 29, 2001, 08:57 PM
Belmont, MA, USA
Joined Apr 2001
53 Posts
Yes! an Albatross!

I saw one fly at the Rhinebeck Aerodrome this summer. I liked it there so much I took my family twice. We saw a Fokker DIII, an Albatross, a Sopwith Camel, and much much more.

Houng-wen Lin, we'll make it easy for you. Just go the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in Rhinebeck, NY. Take a picture of everything that flies by on Saturday and Sunday, then just go make them.

-Drew
Old Oct 30, 2001, 11:52 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Mar 2001
38 Posts
abennett,

Do you know any good dates for a viewing at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in Rhinebeck, NY? I'll be coming out of NYC and want to make the visit worthwhile.

I would dig seeing other people showing off skills and planes, it's very quiet in the local parks(Central, East River, etc.). Fun obstacles and lots of open space but NO club in a city of 10 million.

Are there any flyers on the enone list living in The Big Apple? Speak up.
JamesMadison10 is offline Find More Posts by JamesMadison10
Old Oct 30, 2001, 05:24 PM
Belmont, MA, USA
Joined Apr 2001
53 Posts
Their airshow runs every weekend from roughly June to October, and the museum is open from May to October (it closes tomorrow). Their web site is at:

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

They fly their planes every weekend when the shows are running. On Sat. it's older planes (1909 Bleriot XI, among others) and on Sunday it's WWI biplanes and triplanes (Albatross DVa, Fokker Triplane, Sopwith Camel). They also offer biplane rides (it was my first biplane ride - I'm hooked!). All in all, it's well worth a visit.

If you only get to go once, then go during the annual Mid-Hudson R/C Scale Model Meet. It's in September, and this year there were several GWS cubs and moths running around the airfield in the early morning.

-Drew