HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:20 AM
Joined Oct 2011
978 Posts
I use “Y" splitters on all of my airplane builds and get clear video and good range.

Single lipo FPV builds are routine and preferred by many FPV operators.

What is required generally to get good results is optimal placement of equipment and adequate filtering.
syzygyQ is offline Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Last edited by syzygyQ; Dec 08, 2014 at 01:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2014, 02:15 PM
Master of Disaster!
United States, CA, San Bruno
Joined Feb 2013
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
I use Y" splitters on all of my airplane builds and get clear video and good range.

Single lipo FPV builds are routine and preferred by many FPV operators.

What is required generally to get good results is optimal placement of equipment and adequate filtering.
From my own experience I whole heartily agree. Separation, placement, shielding, and filtering have had the most dramatic impact on my results. I am running three cameras, a pan & tilt, gimbal, Flight Controller with GPS, etc., all off a single LiPo (actually two in parallel) with excellent results. Thanks Alex!!

Focus on compatible equipment, good placement and separation, and clean wiring and you will get great results. Of course using IBCrazy's antennas should be a given!
Sweetieinsf is online now Find More Posts by Sweetieinsf
Old Dec 10, 2014, 07:43 AM
Joined Nov 2014
9 Posts
new to this forum but I have a question, is there a dictionary of FPV terms or abbreviations like osd ubec and so on that I can look up and know what is being said here? thanks
patch flyer is offline Find More Posts by patch flyer
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:38 PM
Joined Oct 2014
18 Posts
I'm newbie and need advice of which antennas choose for this diversity receiver:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2275037 FR632

It's 5.8G and will be used to fly a mini quad through trees, racing and acro style. Is it good to use 1 skew planar and 1 helical ? How many turns the helical ?

If I'm in a budget this Aomway antenna is a good choice for 14.8$ ?

I've read something about matching helicals, is it easy to check the match of Aomway ? Can I wavetrap match it at home ?

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...130_122809.jpg please look at this picture at page 4 of the receiver post. Why is he using an extra tall extension for the blue antenna ?
lilopiglet is offline Find More Posts by lilopiglet
Old Dec 11, 2014, 05:49 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilopiglet View Post
I'm newbie and need advice of which antennas choose for this diversity receiver:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2275037 FR632

It's 5.8G and will be used to fly a mini quad through trees, racing and acro style. Is it good to use 1 skew planar and 1 helical ? How many turns the helical ?

If I'm in a budget this Aomway antenna is a good choice for 14.8$ ?

I was also thinking of tying one of those. Has anyone get any flight reports? The price is very reasonable and it looks like it’s very well built.

Also why do some helical antennas have a large metal plate at the back and some don’t. I have never seen anything about the best base shape (square or round) or design?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Dec 11, 2014, 01:25 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Also why do some helical antennas have a large metal plate at the back and some dont. I have never seen anything about the best base shape (square or round) or design?

I'm not sure about shape, but the metal plate is the reflector. It helps shape the signal, to keep things simple. I suspect that one is using a PCB to do the same thing, probably a big ground plane on there. It achieves the same thing.
ttabbal is offline Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:02 AM
San Angelo TX.
Joined Feb 2006
1,280 Posts
Question on antenna and video ?

I have a Question,?
I have posted this on the forum got 112 hits but no answers???
If you have a little time please , take a looks and see if this happens to your Quad ?
Thank you all.
DanT
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2303039
DanT is offline Find More Posts by DanT
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM
United States, TX, Deer Park
Joined Sep 2014
55 Posts
Anyone have a diagram of the dip switch configuration on the back of lumenier LCD screens?
Large2 is offline Find More Posts by Large2
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM
United States, TX, Deer Park
Joined Sep 2014
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large2 View Post
Anyone have a diagram of the dip switch configuration on the back of lumenier LCD screens?
Been searching for the 10" Lumenier HD/LED monitor user manual forever and can't find a PDF file of it Anyone help?
Large2 is offline Find More Posts by Large2
Old Today, 04:02 PM
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
Video Tx Interference with DJI GPS Signal

Hi IBCrazy....

I have a DJI S900 with the A2 control system. I have the Iftron Tech 1.2Ghz 1000mW Tx and matching Diversity Pro Receiver. I have the GPS mounted as high as possible and the Iftron Tx mounted below the craft with the stock whip antenna pointing downward. I also have a low pass filter on my video Tx.

The DJI GPS is unable to acquire a constant lock -- it will go from 12 sats to 0, then to 5, back to 10, etc. in a span of just a few seconds, over and over again. When I remove my video Tx, the GPS locks perfectly with no issues.

I know (now) that the GPS signals are also in the 1.2 Ghz range, but I really want to stay with the 1.2 Ghz video for performance, obstacle penetration, etc. advantages. I am considering purchasing a pair of your BlueBeam Ultra circularly polarized antennae. Will this type of antenna possibly cure my interference issues with the GPS signal? If not, what are your suggestions?

Thanks a million!
olivetm is offline Find More Posts by olivetm