SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 06, 2009, 05:28 PM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
266 Posts
Discussion
What to build for a TD 010 ?

I've just acquired a lovely little Cox TD 010, what size model would you build for an engine this size please?
Never built anything for this small for an engine before!
I'm looking to build a sports design to begin with to get familiar with the run characteristics, a high wing cabin or parasol type is fine, but suggestions welcomed.
Cheers John
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2009, 05:36 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,536 Posts
TOM THUMB was my choice.
At 22in span it's a bit overpower'd, but running rich with the prop. on backwards it really goes well. A DT timer is a MUST.
FWIW I have it packed already to bring it to the Vets Meeting at Muswellbrook.......Will you be there>
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Old Apr 07, 2009, 07:19 AM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
266 Posts
Hi Gossie
Sure will, I did a search and came across the Tom Thumb and the PDF file. It looks good, I'll have to give it a go.
Did you see I now have both a Sabre and Spitfire in the DC range of diesels and have successfully swapped sleeves and alloy cooling fins from one engine to the other, It would appear the cases are the same for both engines. Just off to the shed to get the Spittie out of the ultrasonic bath and check the crankshafts of both engines to see if they're the same too!
Cheers John (aka raglafart here and Barton too)
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart