IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Last edited by IFHELI; Jul 29, 2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: price
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:10 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if it will stay at that price (the VX1n was close to that price when released (introductory $169, I think, but also needed the datapod)). They'll do very well if it does, and may see others having to think about lowering their price.

The only negative I can see is the USB out the opposite end to the servo leads, which can limit installation possibilities, like the fu-bar did. Tends to force you to mount the gyro in the lower frame, which is not a bad thing. It also works for helis, that have a front top gyro mount.

I'd like to try one, and probably would if it was $99, but currently I'm more than happy with the gold K-Bar's...
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 03, 2014, 04:21 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,862 Posts
The Esprit has lower performance sensor(s) than their more expensive models.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2014, 03:00 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
You are right. I notice that in the add I read before I made a post about it.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Aug 03, 2014, 03:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1,862 Posts
Yeah it's probably still a good FBL controller, but there's usually a catch that goes with the low price.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 04, 2014, 01:46 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
I don't think the average pilot would notice the difference. It's still a very good MEMS, better than mini VBar uses.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 07, 2014, 04:01 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,097 Posts
Angelos (the owner of Spartan) said the following on RcHeliadict (UK heli forum) ...

"The VX1e uses MPU-6000 sensor (same as most FBL systems and multirotor controllers) instead of the PinPoint awesomeness of the VX1n. Nevertheless both have their own merits and there is certainly a big demand for a low cost Vortex system."

"Without a doubt the PinPoint sensors are on a league of their own but it is difficult to quantify this against the MPU-6000. However, I can tell you what to expect from the VX1e... It will be no worst than a brain/ikon since it also uses the exact same sensor. Also Mini Vbar, Blue Vbar, Demon, BeastX, and most other FBL systems use the exact same sensor or one from the same manufacturer that operates with the same principles."

"I have not worked out what the final price will be as we first need to complete the batch and cost all of our production operations. The launch price certainly offers exceptional value for the performance you will get out of this unit."
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Aug 08, 2014, 02:33 AM
Joined Aug 2011
325 Posts
I love Spartan uses high performance mem sensor and price at lower than those big brand name.
I do not want to mention those big brand name gyro previously used for the fly bar but price double than Spartan quark gyro.
Price at double but I'm doubt are those performance double than Spartan?
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin