HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Hermill,

There will be some available for your order. I am excited to get to this point in the project, but I also want to be sure that things work out first before kicking it out the door.

Ruzam,

As Tom already explained, those wires that are coming of the device are specifically for being able to ensure that we can make it easily through beta testing. They are the pigtail that plugs into the programmer. The ESC itself will come equipped with programming solder pads that will be available to other users to reprogram the device if desired. It will also allow for firmware upgrades.

Tom,

I was not able to get to the Mouser order till this weekend. I expect that the parts should be in by Wednesday, so, I should get the other units built up for you by this weekend, and hopefully out to you by next Monday. There is a chance that they could go out sooner.

Adam
Aeroengineer1 is offline Find More Posts by Aeroengineer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:46 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2011
436 Posts
Do not feel pressure to get them out. I have my hands filled with a Moebius (or Revell) Skipjack http://forum.sub-driver.com/showthre...Skipjack-Build

Peace,
Tom
tchalfant is offline Find More Posts by tchalfant
Old Sep 24, 2013, 08:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
436 Posts
But, I do not want you to forget us! How is the receiver initiative going?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 07:57 AM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Sorry, I have been under working too many hours in the last few weeks including Saturdays. This week I have been sick, but I am going to get back to them this weekend. I have all the components, and I have the boards laid out.

The RX is coming along. I am having to learn a completely new microcontroller to do it, but this has been coming along well. I was able to get some play time with the new microcontroller last night. It is a pretty powerful beast, though, the programming methodology is very different from the PIC/dsPICs that I am used to. These are more of an API style of programming where as the PICs are more of a register manipulation methodology. It has not been too bad. The one drawback is that this particular manufacturer's documentation is rather poor for all their API calls. You have to piece together the information you want by searching in a few places. Often times it is just easier to go straight to the header files themselves and dig through the information.

Adam
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
436 Posts
Adam,
I am glad you are alive and the family is well. You have been quiet, so figured something was keeping you away. Since school started, Scouts beginning, cold, and other obligations, I find my bench time being erratic at best. So I can relate to what you shared.
Peace,
Tom
Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Guys, I just wanted to give a quick update. I have built up a few devices and I just need to program them. They should be ready soon. Sorry for the wait. There are potentially some good, but rather large changes coming up here in the future. I will let you know more as things become more finalized.

Adam
Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:50 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,587 Posts
Danke! Xie Xie! Thanks!
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jan 09, 2014, 12:05 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,456 Posts
It's quiet. Too quiet.

What's the status of this ESC? My blimp projects are nearing completion!
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:06 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I have 15 raw boards coming in. I am on business travel for the next two weeks. After I get back, I will be assembling and testing these boards. I am going to be purchasing the lot of components to make 100. I am also going to be making a reflow oven from a toaster oven, so this should help the assembly process go a little faster for some of the later boards.

Sorry it has been so quiet, moving and changing jobs has been a little more effort than one might initially plan.

Adam
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:35 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,456 Posts
Life has a way of catching up one self.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:55 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Yeah, I was given an offer that I could not refuse. I have moved out in advance of my family, our stuff. Right now I am sleeping on an air mattress, and my computer desk is a plastic folding table with a metal folding chair. It is much better than the Amazon boxes that the monitors were sitting on. The air mattress, though is actually pretty comfortable.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 09:01 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,456 Posts
Adam, you've got to get your micro ESCs rolling off the production line soon. My micro blimps are pining away waiting for them!

The 'torpedo maneuver'

Blimp manouverablility - torpedo manouver (3 min 30 sec)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=27316452
Old Jan 28, 2014, 03:42 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I just got back from a business trip. My welcome back was to an apartment with frozen water pipes. I should have a few of these little guys built up this weekend.
Old Feb 04, 2014, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I am sad to report that in my effort to test the initial few parts that I built up, I found that there were issues. I tracked down the issues to the fact that there were shorts in the PCB's themselves. I do have some good boards, so I will try and assemble a new batch while I work with the supplier to see what went wrong.
Old Feb 04, 2014, 11:41 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I was able to find one good board to build up!
Last edited by Aeroengineer1; Feb 05, 2014 at 12:19 AM.