SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:17 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
I wiped my config file and started from a fresh load. seemed to fix it, though i did have to go all the way thru the whole setup.
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:20 PM
Need to understand!!
United Kingdom, Witham
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Hi all I have read this thread from the beginning and was very excited to get my cx3x1000 and USB and try this flybarless stuff. I just had to try it especially once John nz had re written the software I finally got it all in the post.
Set up was a dream thanks alot John.
The only thing is, and I don't know if anybody else has encountered this, is when re connecting the unit to do some tinkering on the PID and front screen, no set up at all but on test hover the software or the giro had decided to change my giro tail direction and the piro optimisation. Quite scary when you are not expecting it.
Not a big problem to sort but it's happened a couple of times now and each time I have been nowhere near the setup screens. Now every time I connect to the pc I have to check my tail and the piro op.
I thought that it might have been the bank sw thing the two states of the giro but I would have thought that if I'd set both states the problem would have been sorted but it's happened 4-5 times now. Anybody else having these sort of problems?
Tobiemanser is offline Find More Posts by Tobiemanser
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:27 PM
Need to understand!!
United Kingdom, Witham
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
By the way am loving the flybarless. fly's great on my trex450 !!
Nice.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:40 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
I suggest you save an .ini file of your setup as a backup.

Any time you change anything in the software, it will write it to your controller, without prompting you that it's about to do so. That might lead to the sort of thing you describe.

Like you, I always check that the swash and tail are moving the right way and with the correct gyro sense before each flying session.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:50 PM
Need to understand!!
United Kingdom, Witham
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
That's cool! I did creat an ini files for each set up that I tried. To keep track of my setups but it still seems strange. Because when you connect the program it takes the setup from the giro so if I don't change eny thing but the tail PID nothing els should change should it?
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:23 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
I've tried changing tail PID values in the software, and I can't get any other settings to change - I mean no others are being changed inadvertently - so I can't replicate what's going on with your controller. If all else fails, you can try rebooting the pc, to see if that makes any difference.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:30 PM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
190 Posts
gyrp update queue

Tobie,
Keep an eye on the little queue count on the lower bar of John's software. On occasion I have noticed when making many changes using the arrow keys on the servo trim, the queue will start backing up. Perhaps something was interrupting communication with the gyro, usb port, etc. I was able to close the program, reboot the gyro on the heli and go back and make sure all the settings were where I wanted them. The ones that had not yet posted to the gyro were not there, but nothing unrelated had changed. That is the only glitch I have noticed using v 15 of John's software on both Cx3x1000's or Tarot ZYX. And he has this error trap so you can see it. It is so quick to go through the entire setup with the software, I do it every time anyway. After a while you will have it all memorized. Saving the .ini file is also a good idea and of course doing the visual test before flying. I am so glad to not have to chase tracking problems through all the flybar parts that this stuff seems sooooo simple compared to that.

Terry
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:03 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Updated the first post with a link to the new CopterX Application v1.2. The new app fixes some bug and adds the condition switching/setting option in the advanced menu.

Also the PC Link COMs port is now selected from a drop down list on the front page.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:39 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Updated the first post with a link to the new CopterX Application v1.2. The new app fixes some bug and adds the condition switching/setting option in the advanced menu.

Also the PC Link COMs port is now selected from a drop down list on the front page.
So have CX released new firmware to enable the Banks?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:10 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
So have CX released new firmware to enable the Banks?
I don't think a firmware update is required for this to work. I haven't tested it, but I think the functionality was already there.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:28 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I don't think a firmware update is required for this to work. I haven't tested it, but I think the functionality was already there.
Interesting! I'll have to give the new software a try, though I really don't care for the look of the older CX software - not a patch on John_NZ's modded Tarot software!

Update: I can't get my CX to even connect with the CX 2.5 software. And it seems a bit cheeky for CX to not even change the Tarot ZYZ graphic which appears in the main window - unless they have some sort of deal with Tarot.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 2Doggs; Mar 08, 2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Update
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:55 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Did you go through all the COM ports to check for one that will connect? I finally got 2.5 to connect for me on COM Port 20. But the funny thing is... it won't always be 20... Sometimes 19... sometimes 18. Anyway, just take a bunch of extra clicks!
kt74 is offline Find More Posts by kt74
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:05 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74 View Post
Did you go through all the COM ports to check for one that will connect? I finally got 2.5 to connect for me on COM Port 20. But the funny thing is... it won't always be 20... Sometimes 19... sometimes 18. Anyway, just take a bunch of extra clicks!
In contrast to the Tarot software, in the CX version, there is no menu bar with the com port - or at least none appears when I try to run the software. I have no problems connecting John_NZ's modded Tarot software - previously, it was connecting thru com 17, now, having re-installed the USB driver that comes with the CX software, it connects on com 10.

Compare the correct display of text in John_NZ's software, and the improperly displayed text in the CX
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:52 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Oh c'mon. It's totally different. The text is on the right side of the bars on the CX software, whereas it's on the left for Tarot/John_NZ.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:03 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,097 Posts
I can't believe that they've left the picture of the Tarot XYZ on it
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC