HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
516 Posts
Final comment the msrx is fbl. What the f48 will bring to the party is tbd.
Choose what is easiest for you to buy and support.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:40 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Based on your images and review, I'd like to offer some comments:

Long, narrow blades have higher tip speed than wider shorter blades and will provide more stability. This will make the heli somewhat less responsive. The greater tendency to roll is because this blade configuration is not as easily influenced by the flybar. Remember, this 45 head design directs movement to the head and the flybar retards it.

If you are getting 8 minute flights there's nothing to indicate the motor is inefficient. In fact, swinging those long blades requires more torque than you would get from a coreless motor with no armature.
Thanks for that Balr14,
Was just basing my comment on the experiences I've had with the super fp and how switching the motor to a comparable coreless one vastly improved performance and flight time. The reason why I said it was inefficient was because the motor got quite hot even in the very cold weather that we're having here these days. I agree that 8 minutes is pretty good though.
Might give swapping motors a try just for the sake of experimentation I guess

Your comment on the long thin blades providing more stability and less responsive flight characteristics is accurate. That is the experience one gets when flying the f47. I really hope the fbl version would be a better flyer..fingers crossed
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:25 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
I think what the F48 will have as an advantage is its price.. Which definitely is going to be cheaper than comparable blade helis. That said, it's really up to the programming too... This being their first fbl bird, they'll have to make sure that they do a mighty good job.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
815 Posts
From this review, what I understand is that while the build quality is good, the flying quality is maybe not that great. The v911 has some wild servo throws at DR and handles wind very nicely. I think I'll keep my v911.

What I need is a FBL 4 ch. to use as a simulator for 6ch FBL. Hopefully the F48 will fit the bill. I'm surprised that they have not been able to release it yet, in time for this year's shopping season.
Lentar is online now Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:02 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I disagree with the premise that the "flying quality is not that great". You aren't going to have the stabilization effects of a very latent 45 flybar when you decide to move on. Once you get away from this design you will experience a lot characteristics you probably won't like, but that's the cost of performance. Blade shape and design plays a huge part in determining flight characteristics. You aren't going to learn anything by getting another heli with exactly the same properties as what you had before. So this is very pertinent experience. Any time I can learn something that improves my skills, I count it as a good experience. Especially if you are older. You would be amazed at how quickly skills you don't use deteriorate.

This wasn't meant as a dig at you Lentar, you just brought up a good talking point.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Dec 03, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:08 AM
Joined Jul 2012
12 Posts
Ordered one cant wait now :/
GuardianLegend is offline Find More Posts by GuardianLegend
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
This wasn't meant as a dig at you Lentar, you just brought up a good talking point.
Your opinion is always appreciated!
What I need is an indoor heli that I can use as something of a FBL CP simulator. I was looking at the SP 127, but it seems to have bad user reviews. I will have to wait for the F48 or v922 (it should not be too pricey, so Walkera and Blade are out).
Lentar is online now Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
F47

Newbie here,I just ordered one last night..time will tell.This is my first heli so I think it's a good choice from what I,ve read
Aiolos is offline Find More Posts by Aiolos
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Feb 2012
20 Posts
Can use F45 TX to control F47
saintpipo is offline Find More Posts by saintpipo
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:38 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintpipo View Post
Can use F45 TX to control F47
Is that a hope or do you know something we don't?

The tx that comes with the F47 looks the same as the one that came with my x200 quad, which is NOT backward compatible with the x100 nor the F45.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:39 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
I believe there are 2 versions of the F45, the newer of which may be compatible with the F47. That is just speculation though... as g said, the F45 that most people have here has a different protocol to the F47
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:47 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Is that a hope or do you know something we don't?

The tx that comes with the F47 looks the same as the one that came with my x200 quad, which is NOT backward compatible with the x100 nor the F45.

regards . . . g
Just received my F47. The transmitter is the size of the V911 transmitter and has a different protocol then the F45.

After only 2 batteries in the advance setting, I would say that the F47 is more docile, less affected by ground effect, is a lot quieter, accelerate vertically faster and hover a lot better then the V911. Every movement are slower, the throttle is lagging, the forward momentum is greater and the tail is slower to compensate then a V911. Fell a lot heavier. The servo arms are set short for now.

Except for the tail blade leaving the motor shaft easily, my F47 didn't suffer from few wall crashes.

A good candidate for precision landings and living room winter flying....
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Just received my F47. The transmitter is the size of the V911 transmitter and has a different protocol then the F45.

After only 2 batteries in the advance setting, I would say that the F47 is more docile, less affected by ground effect, is a lot quieter, accelerate vertically faster and hover a lot better then the V911. Every movement are slower, the throttle is lagging, the forward momentum is greater and the tail is slower to compensate then a V911. Fell a lot heavier. The servo arms are set short for now.

Except for the tail blade leaving the motor shaft easily, my F47 didn't suffer from few wall crashes.

A good candidate for precision landings and living room winter flying....
Glad to here it,I was trying to get out of the mainstream of what everyone else buys then I seen the F47 thought it looked "cooler"than the rest plus the reviews all seemed mostly positive...any chance of vids with yours?
Aiolos is offline Find More Posts by Aiolos
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:50 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Jameschen, you said that the tail hold very well, are you sure ? A full throttle, full battery, will make my F47 spinning 100 % of the time. When flying fast/full speed outdoor, most of the time the tail doesn't hold perfectly, making the F47 doing half spins to compensate. A pity. Although, the fast forward flying is more rectilinear, and may be faster, then a V911. The nose drop less but slowly the F47 is taking more speed. Fell like a bigger helicopter.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:23 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
fauconnier, the tail holds very well for me, did you check the trim? did you initiate the gyro correctly?
RCG Plus Member