SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:46 PM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I am surprised you could download the sketch...
You need to find a way to erase the whole chip, put a new bootloader and the right fuse- and lock-bits in...
I believe rhumba99 got his mod from ebay already preloaded with sketch.
pawelsky is offline Find More Posts by pawelsky
Last edited by pawelsky; Dec 03, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
I believe rhumba99 got his mod from ebay already preloaded with sketch.
Yes I bought from this seller in ebay with preloaded sketch: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53...757633299%2526 Im trying contact with seller, but no answer what can I do now?
Thanks!
rhumba99 is offline Find More Posts by rhumba99
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Hi, i just had a Drone2 . I really want the GPS mod but still want to play with my Wifi a little longer. May i ask if i apply this mod, can the Wifi still control or receive signal?
Thank you ^^
solarprism is offline Find More Posts by solarprism
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:43 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarprism View Post
Hi, i just had a Drone2 . I really want the GPS mod but still want to play with my Wifi a little longer. May i ask if i apply this mod, can the Wifi still control or receive signal?
Thank you ^^
Yes, just unplug the mod.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:13 AM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Yes, just unplug the mod.
Sorry i am very new to the mod, "unplug the mod" mean i make everything except connect the RC transmitter, am i right?
Thank you very much ^^
solarprism is offline Find More Posts by solarprism
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:55 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarprism View Post
Sorry i am very new to the mod, "unplug the mod" mean i make everything except connect the RC transmitter, am i right?
Thank you very much ^^
You need to disconnect the cable that goes from the mod to a socket at the bottom of the Drone.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
any of you guys know if its possible to tweak the autoland out of range, so it starts to autoland but if it comes back into range it will regain control?
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:27 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
any of you guys know if its possible to tweak the autoland out of range, so it starts to autoland but if it comes back into range it will regain control?
As far as I remember you cannot break the Drone's land procedure. It need to land to be able to take off again.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:06 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,656 Posts
Quote:
As far as I remember you cannot break the Drone's land procedure. It need to land to be able to take off again.
How about two Land modes; one with steering? I recently had my D1 land in a neighbour's garden and that would have been useful.

1) When you select Land with a switch etc. and the drone is where you want it to be, just as it does currently.
2) When the Tx is out of range or the battery is too low or any other 'AutoLand' condition - with two sub types.

In the case of a low battery, Type 2) could apply TS_DN at a steady rate until it gets some feedback from the Ultrasound that it is within a few metres of the ground when it sends the 'Land' signal to the firmware as usual.

It is desirable to be able to steer while the Drone is landing to avoid trees, ponds, power lines, steer into your own property etc. even if you have no more control over the throttle, just as happens with many of the Mini/Micro Quads on the market when the battery gets too low to fly.

In the case of out of range or Tx failure problems only, you wouldn't have any steering control until back in range either because it lowered the height enough, or you were running towards your drone frantically trying to steer it, when it would start to work properly again, possibly after a set period of a number of seconds to make sure it is really in range.

The 'Flat Battery' version would not allow you to regain throttle control and the flashing LEDs for the two sub modes could be different to indicate what it was doing. Maybe a single Green cycling around the other three Reds like a spaceship when the battery isn't flat (ANIMS 14-17)?

To also make it more obvious that 'normal' flying was not available, the Drone stick inputs could be reduced to something like the 'Normal' or 'Easy' values to indicate that the Drone was in Buzz Lightyear mode and was not flying, but 'falling with style'.
Toy Story - Falling With Style (2 min 25 sec)
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Last edited by Brandigan; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:37 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
Once the firmware is told to land, it will land last time I checked. Try to do it with your iDev, maybe something changed. You can experiment with the MERX macro in the sketch, it delays the 'auto land' because of RX failure for up to 8.3 seconds. If it recovers before that, the drone will never know. Beware there are some 'auto land' initiations that are done by the drone firmware that can not be stopped (low battery).
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:33 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Barry
Joined Mar 2012
298 Posts
FW downgrade

I know this has been asked before, so be gentle with me

The new main board I bought, came with FW 1.10.14....is there an EASY way to downgrade to 1.10.11?
tonyh0905 is offline Find More Posts by tonyh0905
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:20 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh0905 View Post
I know this has been asked before, so be gentle with me

The new main board I bought, came with FW 1.10.14....is there an EASY way to downgrade to 1.10.11?
If you have iDevice use FirmwareManager
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,656 Posts
Quote:
Once the firmware is told to land, it will land last time I checked.
Beware there are some 'auto land' initiations that are done by the drone firmware that can not be stopped (low battery).
But could/might you implement a 'soft' landing mode with steering for other than 'low battery' before you send 'Land' to the firmware for the last few metres?
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:10 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Barry
Joined Mar 2012
298 Posts
Quote:
If you have iDevice use FirmwareManager
Thanks P...I'm android through and through, but I can borrow my daughter's ipad
tonyh0905 is offline Find More Posts by tonyh0905
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
But could/might you implement a 'soft' landing mode with steering for other than 'low battery' before you send 'Land' to the firmware for the last few metres?
How is that different from just flying the drone with pulled throttle stick? Drone will descent and you'll be able to steer while it does that...
happul3 is offline Find More Posts by happul3