SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 725 86.00%
were just asking for too much 118 14.00%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:53 PM
Glad to be here...
United States, GA, Cleveland
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
I bought a micro T-28 from the retail Hobby Lobby store in Brentwood today. I should get a chance to fly it Wednesday.
MX5Seeker is offline Find More Posts by MX5Seeker
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX5Seeker View Post
I bought a micro T-28 from the retail Hobby Lobby store in Brentwood today. I should get a chance to fly it Wednesday.
Congrats! make sure and do your pre-flight to ensure the tail linkages are correct.
welcome to the club!
goodhumormarc is online now Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
Well i think standard motor was said here to be arround 5500rpm in stock configuration... the motor you signal is 2000Kv wich with a 1S lipo means it can go up to 8000rpm-ish ... considering how voltage fals fast to 3.5/3.7V under load i say it should be doing high 7000s ...wich should be more than the stock config ...

the issue would be batteries ... 160mAh batteries fall a lot over 1.5A load.. this motor/ESC can go up to +2A ... maybe using a 250mAh batt would do better..

Be aware that the recomended prop for the motor you say its a 4X2.5 ... i think the stock is 5X2.5 so maybe it can go overpower?
In any case it anounces 90g thrust.. that almost a power to weight ratio of 2:1 ..it should go unlimited vertical easy

Thanks for a little reassurance. I mostly make an estimated guess to how these power setups work. Im gonna rebuild my baby this winter so I might as well go for the BL right? If not I can always re make it. if it works it will be worth the $14. Ill try a bigger batt too as all I have are the 160mah. I do have a watt meter I think I can wire up to test it. I'll post my results and take pics.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:42 AM
Glad to be here...
United States, GA, Cleveland
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc View Post
Congrats! make sure and do your pre-flight to ensure the tail linkages are correct.
welcome to the club!
I searched this thread for "tail linkages" and about the only thing I saw was making sure the control surfaces are aligned with the tail and rudder surfaces with the transmitter sticks centered. Is that what you are referring to? Or is there something else I need to do?
MX5Seeker is offline Find More Posts by MX5Seeker
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
390 Posts
Quote:
I searched this thread for "tail linkages" and about the only thing I saw was making sure the control surfaces are aligned with the tail and rudder surfaces with the transmitter sticks centered. Is that what you are referring to? Or is there something else I need to do?
Yes, I think you got the point. When was new my T28 had one of the surfaces (maybe the elevator, I don't remember) that was slightly out of centering. Fixed it as you described by gently acting with pliers on the bending that is on the correspoding tail link and everything was very smoothly with the maiden flight (as well as with many others later on!).
Tom_1971 is offline Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:40 PM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Yes as Tom said make sure the control rods are in correctly to the control horns and everything makes fluid motion as per transmitter inputs. Making sure to do this every time and especially after an unscheduled landing! Hope your weather isn't 40mph gusts and rain like here!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
639 Posts
Woohoo! After finally having some good flights with the Champ (weather and timing wasn't cooperating) I just ordered me a T-28. Had a Blade 120SR that took a fast back seat to my new Blade MQX. Figured since I'm not flying the 120SR - time to swap. Sold it last night and ordered the T-28 on the way home from meeting the guy. Hoping it will arrive Saturday or Monday. Very excited.
jdr00ejr is online now Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:47 AM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Mar 2010
710 Posts
T-28... Awesome Plane

I typically enjoy 3 channel planes and recently bought a used T-28 (with a bottle of CA ) and must say this is the easiest 4 channel micro I have flown

The T-28 can be really tamed down with Expo on DX6i, but can do some serious stunts as well...
I had very predictable flights and no stalling at low speeds (quarter throttle)... This is going to be my new favorite micro...

Does anyone know if the T-28 can carry the micro key-chain cameras?
IndiaHobby is online now Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
It will easily carry 2.1g more in aileron servos along with another gram or two of tape and glue.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:31 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post

It should in theory.. i tried recently and it ended badly.. but was due to strong winds wich made it fall out of the sky when they sudenly blow the exact moment i was bringing it back downwind (it just ran out of air in the wings with a high wing loading)

i sugest trying in a calm day (yes i know.. all flights of this should be in calm days)
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
Canada, AB, Sherwood Park
Joined Jan 2011
638 Posts
Little T28 flying back when it was a bit nicer outside. Love this little plane!

Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28 Trojan Flight #2 (1 min 20 sec)
KTL13 is offline Find More Posts by KTL13
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Very nice KTL13....I must get one of these planes!
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
639 Posts
Mine arrived today. Can't wait to try it!
jdr00ejr is online now Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:04 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post

Absoutely it can.
I had few nice vid, look e.g. here
Keycam on board my UM T-28 (1 min 59 sec)
Tom_1971 is offline Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
Crash Expert
United States, MN, Circle Pines
Joined Oct 2012
126 Posts
All of my goodies came in for the 2S Brushless upgrade! I should have the time tonight to do it. I'll take few more pics too for those needing clarity on what I have done. Hope to get up flying again asap. Miss this bird.
Motorbikebruno is offline Find More Posts by Motorbikebruno