HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:33 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Just build a New garage It might be faster lol thats what I did to my crumbling garage
And My wife is doing Awesome at the quitting smoking thing, she quit Jan 7 and hasn't had one yet and I'm still alive I think, As for me I was going to quit when she did right after her b-day as I knew we were having a party that weekend. And then she said she quit, Call it an excuse call it a wimp out but there was no way on God's earth I was quitting the same exact time as her or someone would be truly injured. Most likely me. lol We tried that before and 2 bitter angry stressed people in the house is not a good thing luckily we had our daughter with us the last time we tried quitting together, Its just us now and no witnesses lol I'm giving her a months head start so I'm looking at the 2nd week in Feb as my start date.

That is a Joy for sure Kinda like a surprise Christmas morning lol

you guys look like a super hero team

Its all about the will and the fight. at any age but being younger definitely helps, Glad to hear things are improving even if slightly. Keep em strong willed.

David all you need on the bottom of a T40 is to zap a 1/4 x 1/4 or 1/2 x 1/2 Balsa Ply stick tapered towards the nose as a Single runner ski type thing make it go from a little behind the nose to about the rear landing gear and that will give you enough to protect the bottom. make sure your prop stops going east and west on the begining of the compression stroke when the engine shuts down, so when the engine stops the prop won't be stopped with one blade toward the ground. Hand launch is no problem at all. http://youtu.be/UI1s8XGTZag

Cool thank you

Sweet Video very cool I love space stuff

Looks like a good Coffee cup holder

Well the raider is finished just need to strap in a motor but its all ready to go other than that, so I'll pick out a scheme to add some flare but it can fly and no more of that Toughlon covering is on it thank God.
Cool thank you
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:19 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Sorry guys but unless I missed something neither of those antennas SAY for a 6exP they say 6ex and 6exa as the closest ill check them out some more tomorrow I just haven't seen one antenna say ThIS IS for the 6EXP unless the 6EX is compatitble
Well, SOMEONE, can call Futaba and verify it. Very easy.

Telephone: 1-217-398-8970 extension 2. Available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm U.S. Central Time.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:52 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Ok sorry I doubted you guys and myself lol new info revealed that my friend called it a 6EXP but its a 6EX-PCM the manual he had called it a 6EXP on the cover but the container box and radio says 6EX so ere all set I found those and your guys links work also thanks again.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:55 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
The Mayonnaise Jar and Two Cups of Coffee
When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous "yes."
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions--and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.
The sand is everything else--the small stuff. "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.
"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first--the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked.
It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."
I had never seen this, you all might have.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:15 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,808 Posts
I damaged my Pete n Poke yesterday enough that I think I'm going to mothball it for a bit and get my donated broken wing Twist running with the radio equipment from it. Pretty much finished the rib repairing. Just gotta patch the leading edge and re sheet the wing over the replaced ribs, recover, etc.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:36 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,070 Posts
Guys I need some advice...
My kid and a neighbor kid (5 yrs old) raided my workbench and took 3 cans of spray paint down to the neighbors house and unleashed themselves on the back yard. Spray pain on stucco and block wall. Does anyone have any ideas of how to clean that up? I'm at a total loss of what to do. I told them if they were 18 they would go to jail.

The whole thing makes me sick. Are there chemicals I can use to remove it or is painting over it the only way?
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:52 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
My kid and a neighbor kid (5 yrs old) raided my workbench and took 3 cans of spray paint down to the neighbors house and unleashed themselves on the back yard. Spray pain on stucco and block wall. Does anyone have any ideas of how to clean that up? I'm at a total loss of what to do. I told them if they were 18 they would go to jail.

The whole thing makes me sick. Are there chemicals I can use to remove it or is painting over it the only way?
There are grafiety removal products on the market but of all finishes to clean, stucco has got to be the worst. Near impossible to get the paint out of the pits and pours without taking the paint off the stucco.

Some Kilz and paint might be the best path
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:38 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,808 Posts
Depending on the 'hood, even 5 year olds get handcuffed sometimes
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:53 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post

get all you can off with goof off or similar product. A pressure washer may get the rest off.

Now, I would make sure the kids do all the work. JMO but they need to know there is a price to pay.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:54 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Maybe power wash 1st followed by muriatic acid.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:14 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,070 Posts
Looks like a combination of paint stripper and power washer is working pretty good. We made a lot of progress and surprisingly the stucco is cleaning up better than the wall.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:30 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
+1 Goof Off
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:30 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I have a new vent installed in my trailer now. That was an ordeal.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:00 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,286 Posts
Absolutely do not use a power washer on stucco!!!!!! (Unless your standing 60 ft away with the misting nozzle....) You will eat that stucco up in a heartbeat!

Just got back from Marquette, MI.......loaded up the car and hooked up the trailer to go pick up the new shower unit replacement unit while dropping my wife off at the airport to pick up her mother's car that she left there earlier in the week. Driving on ice covered roads hides things you guys would never suspect.........like a bad wheel bearing........when we finally got on ice-free pavement some 65 miles from home the trailer started galloping after us!!! You see any type of ugliness like that never shows up when the roads are ice-covered......the tire just slips along and never develops resonance.....well to make matters worse the axle happens to be from the front end of an old vehicle with the steering arms welded in place and the tie rod still in place for good measure, right? Well, all the stress of a bad wheel bearing broke free the weld on one side and compounded the problem. (I bought this trailer a few years back for cheap and I should have known that whoever welded the cast........probably didn't do it right.) Remember it's -11 degrees out besides.......I couldn't find a parts store for the bearing so I cleaned what was left and repacked the bearing in Lowes parking lot.......then I took a ratcheting tie-down and pulled the errant tire back into alignment ........it made it home and now my wife thinks I'm MacGyver! The kids were impressed as well..........all I have to say is my prayers have been getting a lot of attention these past few weeks!!!! Now I just need to see if the acrylic/fiberglass unit survived the sub-zero ride back..........I'll wait until it warms up to unwrap that package!

So I'm muttering under my breath how my life is one fiasco after another......when my wife smiles at me and says: "Adventure honey, not fiasco!" What a woman!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:34 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,070 Posts
Great story snowman. Glad you got home safe. We have been using the power washer on the stucco already and it has been fine. It is only 2000 PSI so it isn't really hitting it that hard compared to a REAL power washer.