Old Oct 06, 2007, 10:02 AM
Flying for the fun of it
Brisbane
Joined Sep 2005
283 Posts
Video
E-Flite Mini Funtana with onboard cam

Hi,

This is a video I made of the first and second flights of my E-Flite Mini Funtana. There aren't that many aerobatics because I was still getting the hang of it.

I attached a wireless video camera to it, and shot some aerial video. The video setup is a "TX-40 Miniset" available from www.rc-tech.ch however the onboard video in this video was shot from a different camera than what comes in the combo.

The telemetry information is from an "Intelligent Flight" OSD (On Screen Display).
The OSD module gets information from sensors, which it overlays in the form of text over the wireless video. It is all done on the plane. More info can be found at www.intelligentflight.com.au

Here is the video on youtube:
E-Flite Mini Funtana (3 min 0 sec)(3 min 0 sec)

Ben
beep684 is offline Find More Posts by beep684
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2007, 09:02 PM
Joined Sep 2007
24 Posts
wow

good work on the video!
i am kind of interested in putting a camera on my plane. how much did you spend on the whole camera package?
jakflyer is offline Find More Posts by jakflyer
Old Oct 07, 2007, 12:09 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
That's totally cool!! The onboard Vid/Tele showin' the prop stop on landin' is awesome. Great chioce of tunes..... Nice work!!!

Xwingnut
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Old Oct 07, 2007, 06:34 PM
Joined May 2005
825 Posts
Nice video, except for the soundtrack. I'd rather just watch the plane (or whatever the plane is looking at), and maybe hear onboard noise, rather than have a soundtrack. My number one complaint about RC videos is always the apparent need to have a sound track.
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih
Old Oct 07, 2007, 08:05 PM
Flying for the fun of it
Brisbane
Joined Sep 2005
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseih
Nice video, except for the soundtrack. I'd rather just watch the plane (or whatever the plane is looking at), and maybe hear onboard noise, rather than have a soundtrack. My number one complaint about RC videos is always the apparent need to have a sound track.
Ok, ill upload the un-muted video without any music to this post later. The reason I added music is because the wireless video doesn't have any sound, and the plane is so quiet that the video camera doesnt pick it up too well, so you end up with the occasional prop noises as it flies past, but mainly just people talking most of the time.
beep684 is offline Find More Posts by beep684