HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:03 AM
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
Discussion
Help testing UMX Beast Variant for Phoenix v5?

Good news: I have spent the day meticulously building an e-Flite UMX beast variant using the actual model, calipers, 5 hours, the best data available (prop testing etc), and it's attached to this post and on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/CHhbdvCT

Bad News: I'm afraid to fly my beast as I am trying to make the jump from gliders and quads, and this little thing scares me. Hence I don't know how accurate this variant is. Torque, twitchiness... am I close?

Help: can anyone with a UMX beast or UMX beast AS3X fly this variant and let me know how close I got?

just copy as a .var file into Variants\Airplanes then boot PhoenixRC and select Beast->umx from the variant submenu. You'll need to rename from .var.txt to .var, forum wouldn't let me upload with correct extension.

Please note this is for PhoenixRC version 5, I tested with 5.0.s.

Thanks very much for any input or assistance!
mikesmdbikes is offline Find More Posts by mikesmdbikes
to remove ads between posts