SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:42 AM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
589 Posts
Discussion
ARX 540 tyre glue?

Hi guys. I'm getting a fair amount of tyre slippage on my ARX. Does anyone bother glueing the tyres on? If so what does everyone use?
I know super glue is the obvious answer but I'd prefer to use something a bit less permanent just incase I need to get into the gyro.
I've tried evo stick but that lasted seconds.
Cheers guys.
Syncro is offline Find More Posts by Syncro
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2013, 03:35 PM
SUPERBIKER
Belgium - Antwerpen -2070 zwijndrecht
Joined Mar 2005
103 Posts
arx tire glue

Hello Syncro,

.......I have ARX Cusago GP bike (mech gyro). Did some first runs some weeks ago, without glue on both tyres. Good for slow runs, not for speed.

I needed to glue the tyres. I use always Hobby king tyre glue "rubber tire adhesive" from Hking trackstar products or ZAP cyano type 'rose" bottle.

Now running is much better, no loose tyres more now. Of course, a big problem if I need to open the rear wheel in relation with that gyro. At the moment the gyro seems OK.If I need to open the gyro wheel, I will see what i do, cyano debonder, carefully with a knife, some hot water,etc....... .

I was thinking before glueing the tyres, to lock the rear tyre with some small hobby self tapping screws.
superbiker is offline Find More Posts by superbiker
Old Oct 17, 2013, 05:19 PM
Espa˝a, CL, ┴vila
Joined Sep 2008
561 Posts
Hi Syncro.

I don't glue my rear tyres over the ARX wheel because I've padded both halves with 3mm thick adhesive (just one sticky surface...) sponge sheet.

In case I need to take the gyro appart, just remove tyre and get easy access to the screws.

It's a little tricky to put the tyre back in place because it wont slip over wheel outside but if I can do it anybody will.
trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Old Oct 17, 2013, 07:12 PM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_414_m2 View Post
Hi Syncro.

I don't glue my rear tyres over the ARX wheel because I've padded both halves with 3mm thick adhesive (just one sticky surface...) sponge sheet.

In case I need to take the gyro appart, just remove tyre and get easy access to the screws.

It's a little tricky to put the tyre back in place because it wont slip over wheel outside but if I can do it anybody will.
I like that idea, I'll give that a go.
Thanks.
Old Dec 09, 2013, 02:54 AM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
589 Posts
Just realised I think I've found a fix for this but forgot to post. What I've done is stuck some squares of insulation tape around the wheel and then used lots of tiny blobs of super glue to fix the tyre to them. So, when the tyre has yo be removed, if it's well stuck you can peel
The tape off then its easyier to clean the tape off the tyre before re-fitting.
Possibly a bit time consuming but unlikely to damage the tyre when removing.