SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2013, 02:56 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,343 Posts
Discussion
Edina Model Yacht Club...www.emyc.org

Calling All ""Local"" Boaters / Flyers / Drivers come see and have some fun...

Edina Model Yacht Club

http://www.emyc.org/article_event.asp?id=59

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=5...sz=16&t=m&z=16

EDINA MODEL YACHT CLUB
2013 PARADE Of BOATS

By John Bishop

Our 22th annual Parade of Model Boats will be held on Sunday, June 9th. The show will start off with the setup process beginning at 9:00 AM leading to an "opening" of the doors to the general public at 11:00 AM. The show will then continue on a set schedule until its conclusion at 4:00 PM. All of the details concerning this event can be read in the June edition of our newsletter.
It's hard to believe that this is already our 22nd show, but time passes quickly and this event has become deeply rooted in EMYC tradition. Since we have developed a pattern of mild success with the event, we will try to follow the basic premise of the show-gather and interact with fellow club members, introduce our hobby-related interests to the public, and display and run boats during the day. It's a simple formula that many have come to look forward to each year. As always, input from any club member is welcomed and new ideas are generally good ones so feel free to voice them.
We are hoping to have 150 to 200 boats on display and with cooperative weather, we'll run a schedule that will allow for a high turnout of on-water demonstrations. As usual, please keep in mind that with a forecast of marginal weather or the look of stormy skies, the show still continues as an indoor display until the weather improves (it's tough to accurately predict things much more than a day in advance).
The Parade show is planned for the second Sunday of June each year. For those of you with long-term schedule books the show will be held next year on Sunday June 8th, 2014 and the following year Sunday June 14th, 2015. We need to set this up with Stacie in event planning well in advance to insure that our slot is reserved. The Hughes Pavilion is very popular for weddings, gatherings, business meetings, etc. and a quick look at the June 2013 schedule showed a full table of events. Planning at the last minute would leave us with few options and this is why we provision two years in advance. Again, the city has graciously provided us with the facility and the resources to make this show a success. Without them it would not be quite the same. Tom and his entire crew go all out for us consistently each year.
The show is also a defining point in time during the year. That is, it has given us a target date to complete projects from the long winter months. We have seen the push by many to complete their model boats by the Parade show date. Sometimes deadlines can be good. The Builder's table always allows for partially completed models to be displayed so don't leave interesting unfinished projects at home.
We look forward to having a good membership turnout on Sunday June 10th. This is the best attended event of the season. The key to success is for the event to be enjoyable and rewarding to everyone; so when you participate in the show, make sure you display, run, and assist in a way that is productive and comfortable for you. Some do a lot and some do not as much but everyone is welcome to participate at whatever level you desire. Keep it simple and keep it fun. This is what we will strive for again. This should be another great year for a Parade of Model Boats. See you there. John Bishop (952) 922-1745

2013 Event Schedule

9:00 AM Setup indoor membership and information, building, and display areas. Setup outdoor running and frequency control areas. Skim water in central pond and clean running area. Setup and test outdoor P. A. and music systems. Display signs.

10:45 AM Skippers Meeting in the Hughes Pavilion. Review details of the show including indoor display, schedule, frequency use, EMYC drawing, etc.

11:00 AM Indoor Display within the Centennial Lakes Hughes Pavilion. All boats will be on display. This is a great opportunity for club members to get reacquainted again and browse around the room to see new projects. It is also a great time for the general public to collectively see all the boats and builders in one place.

12:00 PM Open Boating/Open Water. A general introduction to the Edina Model Yacht Club and the hobby of radio controlled boating will be presented during this segment. Everyone is invited to run during this halfhour time period. This opening event is set up so as to show the variety and diversity of R/C boats among the membership of the EMYC. Ships log forms will be used to describe boats on the water.

12:30 PM Tugboats and Work Boats. Display of features and operating equipment on various boats. *Special smoking barge segment. Boats with water cannons will "put out" fire.

1:00 PM Sailboats of all types and classes. Fairwinds, AC-914's, Marbleheads, EC1 2's, etc. Open class regatta planned by our sailing group.

1:30 PM Fast Electric Boats. Display of individual high speed electric boats. Racing event planned by the high speed electric group.

2:00 PM Military Boats. Flotilla including PTs, destroyers, battleships, subs, etc.

2:30 PM Scale Boats including pleasure craft, ore carriers, paddle wheelers, steam powered, etc.

3:00 PM Tugboats and Work Boats. Display of features and operating equipment on various boats. *Special smoking barge segment. Boats with water cannons will "put out" fire.

3:30 PM Open Boating/Open Water. All types of boats allowed to run during this half-hour period. Those running past 4:00 PM will be responsible for their own frequency use.
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by K9000wner; May 31, 2013 at 03:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:56 AM
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,343 Posts
boat show was rainy but lots of fun none the less

calling all MN rc boaters see use at

http://www.edinamodelyachtclub.org/a...vent.asp?id=60
Sunday Aug 11th 2013

also good music and puny fireworks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dututh Air Show
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Aug 2006
380 Posts
Coool! A place that we can actually communicate with EMYC members! This has some potential - If we can convince other members to use computers....... Possibly could be easier to find this if it were listed with the alphabetical list of "RC Clubs" -- That would be nice.

K9000wner - FYI - I am the guy with this boat:
beneteau3 is offline Find More Posts by beneteau3
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:49 PM
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,343 Posts
got it ...

yes the amount of emyc computer users seems to be abnormally low...

go ahead any emyc member ...burn me I dare you ....

see....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:26 AM
Joined Aug 2006
380 Posts
Well, fighting through the plethora of responses.....I wonder if smoke signals would work?
beneteau3 is offline Find More Posts by beneteau3
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:24 PM
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,343 Posts
HAHAHA

I was thinking pictographs ... smoke signals are still too high teck I think
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:26 PM
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau3 View Post
Coool! A place that we can actually communicate with EMYC members! This has some potential - If we can convince other members to use computers....... Possibly could be easier to find this if it were listed with the alphabetical list of "RC Clubs" -- That would be nice.

K9000wner - FYI - I am the guy with this boat:
I would do that if I could ...I got no moderator to help
HELL I cant Find! a site Moderator.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:45 PM
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,343 Posts
web cam

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1923122

this thread has relevant info for emyc and our try at getting a web cam

http://www.minnecam.com .........just for fun
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by K9000wner; Jul 17, 2013 at 03:19 AM.