HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2013, 02:59 AM
F1, F3, F47, V911, S107GT...
Joined May 2013
22 Posts
Download
Pimp my S107G!

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and already half a year starting in micro helicopters.

I own the following helicopters:
Syma s107G (Upgrde), Syma s107G Yellow, Syma s800G, Syma F1, Wltoys V911, Mjx F47 and I want to buy a new helicopter 4 channel to My collection.

Here is the first helicopter I bought in my life and I decided to improve:
Motor A&B: S800G
Battery: 240mAh
Rotor: S107C
Tail Rotor and Motor: S107N

What do you think?
tamirk904 is offline Find More Posts by tamirk904
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quit wasting your money on inferior helicopters. Move to a Walkera Super CP or Heli-Max Axe 100. 6 channel helis will run circles around your S107G.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old May 16, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined May 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Quit wasting your money on inferior helicopters. Move to a Walkera Super CP or Heli-Max Axe 100. 6 channel helis will run circles around your S107G.
I wasting my money on more other advanced helicopters but this helicopter is my first helicopter and have affection for him the way I invest a lot of money.
Old May 16, 2013, 07:48 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamirk904 View Post
I wasting my money on more other advanced helicopters but this helicopter is my first helicopter and have affection for him the way I invest a lot of money.
Don't listen to those that try to tell you not to 'waste your money' on this or that. They will always recommend what they already have. This is all about fun. This is a hobby, not a job and not a career. Only you know what you enjoy flying and tinkering with. There is plenty of time to learn to fly something more challenging.

If you are looking to stay with 4ch for now, take a look at the Hisky FBL 70 or 90 (or WL equivalents). They will be a nice step up from your v911. Or go straight to a micro cp such as the Super CP or the new FBL 80.

At the simplest level these are all toys and all a waste of time. But I love wasting my time on them all!

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old May 16, 2013, 08:55 PM
Pensacola, Fl
Joined Aug 2009
362 Posts
@ tamirk904, nice looking heli you have there. If you do decide to move up you might want to look at the MSR by Blade also.
Pilotrob56 is online now Find More Posts by Pilotrob56
Old May 17, 2013, 03:15 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
@ tamirk904:

Basically when you are shopping for a new heli, you have to decide if you want more of the same, or if you want to step up a notch in challenge, learning, and flight characteristics. Many people collect dozens of 3ch and 4ch coaxial stuff. Others like to experience the next level. Fly what you enjoy and enjoy what you fly.

I am currently loving the micro/mini quads and flybarless fixed pitch helis. I have also been 'advised' that I am wasting my time and should go straight to a collective pitch. I am having tons of fun wasting my time with what I have. There is always tomorro for the cp, mine will probably be a Hisky 80 (very soon).

regards . . . g
Old May 17, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Salesmen use the word invest on the most ridiculous things to make you feel good about blowing your money. Stocks, bonds, houses, are investments because you expect to make money from buying & selling them. RC helicopters are toys that burn your wallet.

Gordonzo wants you to take your time to enjoy inferior helicopters, so you burn your money, and they could get rich on selling you stuff you could've bypassed.
Old May 18, 2013, 06:39 PM
Joined May 2013
22 Posts
Hi all!

Thanks for your comments.

I'm thinking of buying a flybarless helicopter.
Currently I really enjoy flying the - Syma F1, V911, MJX f47 mine.
It occurred to me MJX f48 What do you think?
I read many recommendations for Hisky FBL 80, 70, 90 but the detail is important to me is that a helicopter I buy I can buy him spare parts.
What site do you recommend I buy spare parts for Hisky FBL70/80/90?

***Edit:
How about the Helicopter Nine Eagles 260A???
how is relative to MJX F47 and V911?

Thanks
Old May 19, 2013, 01:04 AM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Hi all!

I read many recommendations for Hisky FBL 80, 70, 90 but the detail is important to me is that a helicopter I buy I can buy him spare parts.

***Edit:

Thanks
Flybarless can be an excellent way to 'waste more money'. Know that the 70 and 90 are fp, the 80 is cp.

I bought my FBL 70, and many flying machines, from banggood at very good prices. It's definitely a new flying experience. Go for the upgrade tx and be very patient with shipping from there. Parts are supposed to be up very soon but again, they take a long time to arrive so plan ahead.

I stopped buying MJX's a few models back. I don't own the F48 but you can read the reviews here. It is not getting very good feedback.

Oh, about the NE 260a - this was a good choice a few years ago. Your v911 is already a better flyer (imo). I still occasionally fly mine but you can do better now.

regards . . . g

My new motto: Helicopter and Quads - Time Well Wasted
Old May 19, 2013, 09:26 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
banggood ... be very patient with shipping from there. Parts are supposed to be up very soon but again, they take a long time to arrive so plan ahead.
My 1st, 3rd, & 4th order came within a reasonable amount of time. My 2nd order took 40 days. My 5th order never came. Paypal increased their days to dispute a purchase to 45 days. I avoid banggood like the plague.
Old May 19, 2013, 09:32 AM
Pensacola, Fl
Joined Aug 2009
362 Posts
Quote:
Hi all!

***Edit:

Thanks
I would suggest going to your local Hobby Shop and check to see what they sell and if they stock parts for them, if there are more than one go to them too. In my area they sell Blade heli`s so they stock a lot of parts, that's why I get Blade heli`s but in your area they might sell something else. Now days you can get everything on line but its nice to be able to drive across town to get a part too.
Pilotrob56 is online now Find More Posts by Pilotrob56